I didn't know how much my dogs really loved me

Thread: I didn't know how much my dogs really loved me

Merlot_1 Guest

DefaultI didn't know how much my dogs really loved me

Just got back from a two week vacation cellebrating 40 years of marige,(full story and pics in "Odds & Ends). Zoey stayed with my daughter and family for the two weeks, and Merlot stayed at the kennel. We picked up Zoey around 10:00 P.M. last night, too late to get Merlot, and went straight to bed. Zoey and Merlot always sleep in bed with us, usually between us, but last night she slept with her head on my chest, and would not budge! I woke up several times during the night and tried to roll over, but her head was still there. I finally fell into a sound sleep and when I awakened, her head was STILL on my chest. Then she followed me around all morning and would not even go outsde to go potty unless I went out with her ???. I had my wife, Sharon, stay with Zoey while I drove the 10 miles to the kennel to get Merlot. Merlot went crazy when he saw me, jumped up on me and would not stop kissing me. On the ride back he was kissing my neck and ears ALL the way home, knocked off my sun glasses three times with his big tongue, but I finally made it home safe. Then the two dogs started kissing each other so much that the hardwood floors were soaked and I almost slipped and fell down :P Anyway, they have not let me out of their sight yet, and following me everywhere. It feels good to be needed and loved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I didn't know how much my dogs really loved me

Awww, I would have been tearful to have the dogs kissing me so much - you're lucky! Cooper is pretty stingy with the kisses here! Sounds like a nice happy reunion - oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Bev.

ok that's just toooo cute!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

When we watch our sons dog, Newman, all I have to say is his name, his wife's name, or their daughter's name. Newman goes beserk. Runs to the door jumping like a mad dog for it to open. My wife and I have to be real careful not to say their names when Newman is staying with us.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

What a nice story. Glad you're all reunited.
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[