Stuff toys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff toys

DefaultStuff toys

Max likes to carry around stuffed animals. They are suppose to be made for dogs but they don't last more than a hour and they shredded into little pieces. Anyone find stuff toys that will withstand a lab?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Stuff toys

We have found stuffed toys for Hershey at Walgreen's of all places that are cheap and hold up pretty well. They have a Milkbone logo on them. Most of them have squeakers in them. The squeaker doesn't last very long and I am not sure if that is bad or good.

We also found a tug toy made out of a stuffed fabric at Target that is holding p very well.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Don't think there is such a toy, but if there is I want to know! I still remember ordering huge quantities of stuffies for Huckle from the mail order catalogs because he had them ripped apart in a couple of days. Guthrie has just realized how fun it is to destuff his toys. :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Other members on this site have suggested buying stuffies at a 2nd hand store - cause you can get a bunch for cheap and it doesn't matter to the dog at all. I have tried this and I think it's a good idea.

Also, I find that the stuffies with the least amount of stuffing inside are the least likely to get chewed up by my dogs.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

All I can say is "NOPE" for Sammi they don't exist! Maybe when she grow's up, but at this point I don't even try anymore!

I bought some toys from mydogtoy.com http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27
    They can still chew on the edge, but still intact after 8 months. I have couple of rings, and fish shape
    one. Someone here shared us discount code, and that's how I learned. They e-mail me
    closeout sale and discount code. Next time I get the e-mail, I will e-mail it to you, if you are interested?

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I buy mine from the second hand store. Sometimes I ruin his fun and destuff them, then sew them back up. He is quite happy and I don't have stuffing everywhere.

Kassa never once destuffed a toy. Ernie has just ruined Sams girlfriend and Sam is peeved.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Petsmart has some toys from a company called Bamboo that are made better. They claim they are "combat tested". Basically it's a tougher material with better stitching. Since they aren't so soft Pete doesn't get that "instant kill" thing going. He still has both after a couple weeks.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by allprolab
    Petsmart has some toys from a company called Bamboo that are made better. They claim they are "combat tested". Basically it's a tougher material with better stitching. Since they aren't so soft Pete doesn't get that "instant kill" thing going. He still has both after a couple weeks.
    That is the brand of the one we found at Target, that I mentioned. Yes! Whatever the material is, it is quite durable for dog abuse and I have not seen any indication of the stitching giving way. Yet?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    Quote Originally Posted by allprolab
    That is the brand of the one we found at Target, that I mentioned. Yes! Whatever the material is, it is quite durable for dog abuse and I have not seen any indication of the stitching giving way. Yet?
    So far they show no signs of wear. But he isn't as excited about them as other toys. The true test is when I next have a guest over. That's when he gets jealous and wants to shred a toy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast