Elm Creek County DP Tour
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elm Creek County DP Tour

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultElm Creek County DP Tour

This is the Dog Park I mentioned yesterday. Over 40 acres. It is called Elm Creek, but there is no creek there. A nice pond excluding July and August unless we get a lot of rain in that period. I didn't get any pictures of them, but today our playmates were a senior Beagle, not interested in play but in constant track mode of rabbits. A young Beagle that never stopped moving. He was chasing something, but the best guess we came up with was the breath coming out of his nose. A 6 year old lab that had a good time with HK. Then we ran into two Charpei. One was a really nasty barker and growler at anything other than himslef. Including his brother. Lots of showing off how nasty he could sound, but no follow through with action.

Here we go, dark cloudy day.

Might be able to see the pond in the third one.

Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Elm Creek County DP Tour

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am so jealous of your dog parks. Where do you live?

We have two in our area and they are both less than an acre with mulch on the ground. I guess it's better than nothing.

HK is one lucky girl.

Minnesota! Minneapolis western suburbs.

We are lucky this land has beenset aside for our dogs.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

I used to go to St. Paul all the time. Only scenery I remember was snow! ;D

HK is lucky to have a good poppa that takes her to nice big dog parks to roam in on a regular basis!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I love HK in the background in the fifth pic - "Hel-lo!! Are you coming or what!!? Put the camera DOWN!!"

Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

If you were in St. Paul, you wouldn't see this. The next time you go to St. Paul, bring your Pasport and I will see if I can get you across the border to the Minneapolis side of the river. The authorities control migration across the river very closely.

We try to limit visits to the Twin Cities to late May through early September, the non-snow season. Thisis especially true for visas requested from the southern states. I am surprised you were able to visit during the snow season.

I can't tell you what I was thinking when we moved here 30 years ago. But I can tell you it is a great place to live, raise a family, and the winters are not as bad as perceived by outsiders. If you are an outdoors type, you learn to deal with it and find ways to enjoy it. (30 below is not enjoyable by anyone. The survivors learn to stay inside from Jan 15 through Feb 15, the cold spell 30 days) Spring, summer and fall here are fantastic.

My opinions:

The leaf colors in the east along the Appalachians,, Poconos, Aderondacks are brighter and more colorful, but the humidity there is a lot worse.
    Georgia across to Nevada and south of that line. Way too hot in the summer.
    Southern California, weather wise boring and getting too crowded since I left. Sierras are outstanding, but how can one earn a living there.
    Northern California, silicon valley, beautiful but way too expensive.
    Oregon and Washington, just a few visits there, Really beautiful. I would guess as nice or nicer than MN, WI, without the severe winter.
    Montanna to Iowa. Not enough experince, but generally believe hot sumers and ifyou aren't into wheat/corn/cattle it wouldbe tough place to earn a living.
    What did I leave out. central states from the Atlantic to the western side of the Mississippi? I just have spent any time there, other than on the Interstates. Most of it is pretty, but that is all I know.

Kate,

I didn't know you could read a dog's mind from a picture at that distance!

You are right though.

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Very nice, Ed. HK is a lucky pupster

joflake is offline Senior Member

I too am jealous of your dog parks. We don't have any here, although I live in the woods, it's kind like the same,but we don't have water for swimming. I love winter and I keep telling my husband that we're moving north to where there is more snow. Maybe MN would be a good place?

Okay, this is it. This is the last dog park photo thread I'm gonna open. Nothing good can come of it.

Color me green with envy. :P

J/K -- I love your dog park photo tours, jealousy and all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast