furniture Shopping

Thread: furniture Shopping

fburke is offline Senior Member

Defaultfurniture Shopping

The wife and I finally decided to buy a new living room set for the new house. What was funny was at the store we are listing to people picking out furniture and asking about styles colors and if it would match this or that in their home...

Here we are looking for something Lab proof…asking questions about durability and replacement cushions possibility (if needed) so when Willow jumps on it and lays down ..her claws ect…she has to be comfortable too ya know…

In the store they had a sign that told people to treat the demos as their, own lay down put your feet up sit ect… I asked my wife if she thought they would mind if I brought Willow in to help test the quality but she didn’t think so… :

I think my dog influenced my purchase more than the decor of my house! :P

We finally settled on a chocolate brown leather sofa and love seat, the leather was very durable and passed my “scratch test” and it will be nice to wipe off any fur or other debris Willow leaves behind, and hopefully won’t absorb doggie odor. :-X

I hope Willow enjoys the new living room furniture I bought her!! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: furniture Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by fburke

I think my dog influenced my purchase more than the decor of my house! :P
    I bought our last vehicle primarily for the dogs. I buy my clothes based on what looks presentable with black dog hair. Our house was bought with a fenced yard and it's proximity to hiking trails,for the dogs. Vacations are decided on by "dog friendly" accomodations and canine activities. We make sure one of us is able to get home and the let the dogs out no later than 4:00pm. I'm sure most of our decisions are based on the dogs.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Funny! I understand though ...

Shelby has definitely influenced my attire. Although I love white, I find it an exercise in futility. Shelby definitely matches our decor -- I have medium hardwoods and it conceals furballs really well. :-X I've often wondered how people with blacks AND yellows do it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I should share this so it doesnt' happen to you:

My friend has a 2 year old lab and they just bought a new living room set as well (dark brown leather sofa). One day this summer they applied the flea/tick med to their dog and while they tried to keep him off the new furnature, he jumped up on the new couch. They didn't think anything of it until he got down and they found that the flea/tick med actually left a major stain on their new couch! They called the company (I think it was Frontline) and they said that this sometimes happens and that they would be willing to pay for repairs or replacement.
    It was really nice of Frontline to take care of the repairs for them, but was still a major inconvenience. Just thought I'd share it with you so that it doesn't happen to your new stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by RukusandDozer
    They didn't think anything of it until he got down and they found that the flea/tick med actually left a major stain on their new couch! Just thought I'd share it with you so that it doesn't happen to your new stuff!!
    Thanks for the warning ! when i apply this to her i will make sure she is in another room !!

thanks!

I've often wondered how people with blacks AND yellows do it.
    We only have a yellow lab, but we also have a huge black cat and a small white one. We have pet hair rollers in almost every room in the house and the car. And, at a certain point we just give up. :-\

We chose a medium brown sofa because we thought it would be neutral enough for both hair colors. : Nope. We would have been better off with black or white then at least you would only see one color of hair.

I have medium hardwoods and it conceals furballs really well.
    We do too but we don't have furballs we have desert size tumble weeds.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

This is funny. I'm going to be furniture shopping after the holidays this year and will be doing the same thing .... what goes well with yellow lab hair?? I don't know what I'll end up with, but I can promise it won't be hunter green, which is what I have now and that shows every single yellow hair.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I am also hoping to buy a new sectional after the holidays sometime. I find myself looking at the quality of the covering. Can't afford leather so I'm gonna go with the most durable fabric I can find.

I am hoping to purchase a new car sometime in the next couple of years also. I want a Traliblazer 'cuz it will be more comfortable for Tal and on trips back to Memphis it will have enough room I can put Midnight's litter box in the back.

I hope they enjoy their new couch and car, if I can afford it. :

our dogs are so spoiled.... ;D

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

Our daughter and her husband recently purchased leather furniture and were warned about Flea and Tick applications by Lazy Boy when shopping there.
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc