HA! Caught ya Emilu!!!

Thread: HA! Caught ya Emilu!!!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultHA! Caught ya Emilu!!!

Let's start by saying that my dogs are not allowed on the furniture. That said, occassionally, when SU isn't home, I invite Emilu up on the couch for a very brief spell. Even more occassionally she'll jump on it herself (like when there is a mean vaccumme cleaner doing it's work), but basically - No Dogs On The Couch! I have been suspecting for some time that Emilu might be sneaking up on the couch when we're not there. The large pillow will be on the floor (blamed the cat while it was still alive), then, the pillow will sometimes be found smooched in the corner of the couch, blankets in disarray. When we go to bed, Emilu is ALWAYS on her bed in the diningroom, snoozing away. But sometimes when I get up in the morning, she comes out of the livingroom with Skippy (his bed is under the piano) I just figured she was sleeping with Skippy. Today however, she came out of the livingrooom and I decided to see if I could tell where she had been. Went to the couch - pillow ok in it's spot, blanket looks pretty "squooshed" at the other end. Started doing the "warmth test". Hands on pillow - cool, further down, cool - then warmth! - nearer to blanket - more warmth! And sure enough, just enough yellow hairs to cinch the deal. Emilu had spend at least the early morning on the couch! And she didn't even look the least bit guilty!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: HA! Caught ya Emilu!!!

Of course she didn't look guilty, that would have given her away!

So now what are you going to do? ;D

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Awwww :-* Emilu
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

That sound exaclty like Libby. They're allowed on the beds, but not the living room furniture. She never got on the old couch. Wouldn't you know as soon as we got a new one, I was finding signs of her on it. Came home from work, pillows on the floor, etc. I tried to catch her in the act to correct her, but she doesn't do it when we're home. My husband said that I might as well put a cover on it, just in case! I finally gave in last week and threw a sheet over it, and now everytime I go in the room guess who's on the couch. She must think I put the sheet there for her! Wonder why she didn't like the old couch?