Do you have a Shy Lab or a center of attention Lab?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a Shy Lab or a center of attention Lab?

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo you have a Shy Lab or a center of attention Lab?

This stems from remembering my previous dog that passed on before I got Willow. he always would be under a table either in my living room or under my kitchen table. He would just lie there on his down time and watch the family. If I left the room he would follow but once I got to another room back under another piece of furniture in watch mode.

Now Willow on the other hand will stretch out in the middle of the living room rug or in the kitchen always precisely in your walking path so you have to step over her to get around.

It’s just funny the different personalities between my current dog and my previous dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you have a Shy Lab or a center of attention Lab?

The boys are almost always in the most inconvenient spot, especially in the kitchen. Of course, if they both lay down on our kitchen floor, it would be wall-to-wall dog with no place to walk! I have never seen them get under anything except the computer desks.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Well, Gollum is the first dog I have since I left home. Sometimes I compare her to my parents' dog Lotje who past away.. They have the same sweetest energy, remarkable since I thought there could never be such a lovely soul as Lotje again..
    They both love(d) to be the center of attention ;D Both cuddly, love to sleep on my lap ;D and friendly to all living creatures.

Gollum loves to sleep in the middle of the room, or on the couch with her head high on the pillow so she can watch over us ;D

They're very much alike, and I feel very blessed

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Kassa was the centre of attention. If she didn't get it she would pull her Mr Grey on to visitors knees and sit on them, or get onto the back of the couch and drape herself around their neck. If they moved it was "You going to lay with me. Talk to me. come on.."

Ernie is different. He isn't a people person.
    It is look to see if they have food. No. Oh well. check the handbag in case there is food then go back to bed or destroy what ever it was he was doing.When I first go him he wouldn't look up from a sleep he was so disinterested.

He is my shadow so will maybe come and sit beside me.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

patm is offline Senior Member

Skippy is a "center of attention dog", but has he grows older, he more often is found laying around near us and it takes something "interesting" to make him get up and come over. He LOVES petting and attention though, and when we have people over he acts like he never gets any attention from us and lays his head in their lap with this mornful expression of "can't you PLEASE pet me? They never pet me AT ALL!" Emilu has always been more of a "shy" dog. After licking a guest thoroughly to make sure that they are clean enough to be on the premises she often goes and lays down where she can watch us. Unless you have food of course, in which case she can sit very close and give you rapt attention, until she sees that you don't have anymore food, whereupon she will abruptly get up and walk away.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I don't think HK has figured it out yet. She tends to play both sides of the game. I think when she is tired, she tends to be off to the side watching. The other 23 hours of the day, it is in your face time. She is going through a stage at 10 months right now, so the previous may not be true anymore.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Callaway is offline Senior Member

LOL Love the stories! Bogey is very "center of attention" doesnt matter what Im doing . Oh your running the vacuum great throw this ball, OOO dusting give me that rag, and dont even pull the broom out in his eyeline because its 'tug o war'. Even when he sleeps hes in the middle of whatever it is your doing.
    And if company comes over (ARG), its about 15 min before he even looks in a different direction! Its a great once in a while that I catch him snoozing on his own somewhere.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Center of attention. BIG time.

I always say that Baloo's motto is "love the one you're with"...... and that could be anybody. The absolute joy that explodes out of him when he's getting any sort of attention is fun to watch (when I'm not trying to train him to relax a bit - which is most of the time. :P)

When we took the CGN test, one of the exercises is "supervised separation". This is supposed to tell if the dog is comfortable and well behaved when being left with a stranger while you go out of sight.

Every other dog in the test was scanning the crowd and surroundings looking for their owners. My dog was eating grass and loving up on his "stranger". I don't even think he knew I had left! That's pretty much typical "Baloo", though.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Pitch is definately Center of Attention. Class Clown! He always is the one that says Look at me, Look at me! There are days I am hoping his energizers wear out.

-Shannon

Mocha is my center of attention lab she is very needy and always wants to be loved on and petted she is by my side most of the time and is terrible about laying right in my walking path when I'm in the kitchen. Zeus is a little of both, when I'm loving on Mocha he wants attention and occasionally other times he'll come up wanting to be petted but not like Mocha. If you sit on the floor he's there in a heartbeat trying to sit on your lap. In the evenings though if we're watching TV he will normally go up to his crate or bed and lay down by himself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast