Poor miss Copper
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor miss Copper

Kathryn Guest

DefaultPoor miss Copper

Yesterday was kinda a bad day for her and myself. I thought I broke my Dyson and got really sad because my other vacuum wont pick up the dog hair any more.. With 5 dogs Gotta have that Dyson. But we figured it out ;D .
    And poor Copper.. When I vacuum I put ALL other dogs away Joe in the Kitchen or down the hall and my girls in the bedroom sometimes in their crates.
    I vacuum around Copper till I have done all that I can do and then I make her get up so I can vacuum there : . Yesterday I got to close and scared her and as fast as her little legs would go she tried to get up... It was like watching the tortis and hair race :'( . Then later I was making dinner that was going to take forever to cook and needed to get it in the oven. I kicked my girls back into the bedroom because I couldn't watch them and Joe and cook. I went to go check on Copper and she was standing in the bathroom over the potty looking off into space. I had to touch her and talk to her to get her to notice I was there.. She moved faster than I had seen her move in a long time and was OUT of that bathroom. I did some picking up in there and hung towels that didn't get hung and stuff. I went go to back to the living room a few mins later and she was standing at the end of the hall looking off into space.. This time I didn't have to touch her to move I just said "copper what are you doing" and she moved. I went and sat on the coffee table and she came over and wanted to be pet. For her that odd she doesn't often want to be pet.. But we talked and had so loves and told Joe to go away.. Then she was done and walked off..
    The day before Kaden was sitting playing on the floor and looked over down the hall and Copper was looking down the hall and Kaden asked why she was doing that. I watched her for a few seconds to see if maybe she spotted the cat and didn't want the cat to be by her or what. no. she was just looking into space...
    It reminds me of when old people get really worn out and the stop and look into space and zone... :-\
    This morning mom had to ask her if she wanted to eat because she didn't go right over to her dish.. mom picked it up and shook it and she went over and sniffed it and then decided to eat but she didn't go running over to eat..
    When I got up to let my girls out she was laying on the blanket at my moms feet. its a little cold here this morning and I'm guessing thats where shes going to spend most of her day

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Poor miss Copper

The black lab we had growing up would do the same thing. In her senior years she would just stare at the sky and wouldn't even know if you approached.

Poor Copper. :'( You're doing a good job keeping her comfy. :-* and hugs to you and Copper.

:-* :-* to you both ..... It sure is heartbreaking to watch it all happen.

Copper you just enjoy snuggling up to grandma today

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

{hugs} to you and Copper

:-* for Copper.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

I think you are right, it is something that i have seen elderly people do, it's like they stop for a wander down memory lane and then suddenly realise where they are again.

I think if i were an elderly Lab i couldn't think of anything better than curling at the feet of one of my humans for the day-

Kisses for your crew- :-*

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Although it may be painful to watch, just reading your posts, I can tell you she is getting the best love possible. What more can anyone/or Lab ask for. Heres hoping her remaining time is a peaceful as she is now. Give her lots of love, and pray we never get old

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

i know it's hard to see them like this. spoil her as much as you can and enjoy your time together. hugs to you and miss cooper.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Awwww Copper... :-*
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

labby is offline Senior Member

awww Copper

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast