I have some news to share
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have some news to share

DefaultI have some news to share

We are expecting!!!!! (a puppy that is! ;D)

It has been a really rough few weeks since losing Ernie but the one thing my husband and I both agreed on is that it doesn't feel like a home without a dog in our life. So we talked to a few people (the folks at the obedience classes and the trainer who came to our house) and they both recommended a breeder who lives about 45 minutes away.

We have been talking with her a great deal and the trainers told her all about our situation. She invited us up to see her dogs this past weekend. She has beautiful dogs and all so well behaved. We were there for a couple of hours meeting all of the dogs and asking lots of questions. She really put our mind at ease and really took the time to answer all of our questions. My husband was completely smitten with one of her dogs (Leah) she is a black lab 10 months old. She was totally smitten with him as well...he would have taken her home that day if the breeder let him. The sad thing was we could really see the difference between Leah (and her sister-Carrie) and Ernie who was almost the same age. The more we see other labs around his age the more we are realizing that there really was something that was never going to be right with him.

Anyway, the mom (Becky) is due the week of Thanksgiving and we made the decision that we would like to have one of her puppies!

Her is a link to her picture as well as the dad (Roman)

http://www.babblingbrookfarm.net/becky.htm
    http://www.oceanspraylabradors.com/roman.html

We are hoping for a little black boy but also told her we aren't opposed to a yellow boy either. I will keep you posted!! Thanks again to everyone who offered advice, support and kind words throughout the past weeks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I have some news to share

can I ask why you are going for a male?

I'm glad you have found someone who will give you more support and hopefully has solid well bred pooches too

hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

we have always owned male dogs and I had a male black lab (Shadow) before Ernie who was a great dog. I guess I am just partial to that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jan elaine Guest

Hey! I haven't been on-line for awhile but I think we may have something in common. Our 5mo. old lab had to be put down because she was extremely aggressive, biting, lunging, ect. I talked to three different vets before putting her down. It almost killed me because when she was "normal" she had such personality. Anyway long story short I have found another breeder after a very long search and hope to have another puppy and a happier story by next April. I agree that a house is not a home without a fur-baby.

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

Glad that you found a new breeder, congrats

Jan--I am so sorry that you had to go through the same situation. It really is a horrible decision to have to make and we really did struggle with it. However, every day that I look at the bite that is still healing on my stomach I now that we made the right decision. I am glad to hear that you have found a new breeder and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that there will be a new furbaby for you soon!!!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Ooooo!! Roman is HANDSOME!!! Get one like that and post lots of pics. K? Thanks!! hee heee....

Congrats.

Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

;D 8)
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Congrats! And lots of pics. I know you are excited.

blackjack is offline Senior Member

Oh how wonderful! I was wondering how long you would wait. I'm with Kate, Roman is a very good looking dog.

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast