He's gone - Thank you
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He's gone - Thank you

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultHe's gone - Thank you

At 12:30 this afternoon Diesel left all his pains and burdons behind and went to be with all his friends that traveled on ahead of him this year. I am sure they where all there to greet him with wagging tails and happy smiles. I was able to snap a few last pictures of him before the final ride.

It is very obvious to anyone who has ever met D that he was ready to leave. It was my honor to be there for him 5 years ago when he needed me, and today when he needed me even more.

I also wanted to thank Linda in Brookville for having us up for the labfest a few years ago. I can say without a doubt that being there and spending the entire day swimming around her pond was the happiest day of his life. I will never forget my fear that he would get tired and go under, but he kept on swimming in circles for hours while Maddie smiled her encouragement from belly deep at the shore. The time he spent that day will be one of my fondest memories of Diesel forever.

I would also like to thank all of the rest of you that have been there this year to help me through the fear, denial, grief and regret that loosing so many in so short a time brings. The last few days have been very difficult because Diesel is the last of the great group of seniors that has filled my days with joy for so long. It has hit especially hard, and I think it is finally sinking in what great companions they have all been, and how empty my life seems to be right now. Without all of you I don't think I would have been able to continue the work I so love. To each and every one that have sent prayers, well wishes or a kind word, I hope I am there for you when you time of need arises. Despite all of our differences, we really are the same in our love of our amazing Labradors.

May you all be well, and may it be a long, long time before I have to bid another fine lab Godspeed.

Thank you my friends.

Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: He's gone - Thank you

Joe,

I am so sorry for your loss. Bless you for giving Diesel 5 wonderful years of love.

Godspeed Diesel, Godspeed!

Joe,

I am so saddened at yet another loss :'( :'(
    God bless you for giving them so much love.
    My heart breaks for you, but are truly an angel.

Run Free Diesel...Godspeed

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

He sounds like a wonderful dog and was very handsome. God bless you in your work and thank you for helping so many.

I am so sorry for your loss, you will be in my prayers.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Joe, I'm sorry. It never gets easier.

Run Free, Diesel. You are now pain free
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

I am so sorry for your loss. :'(

Run Free with no more pain sweet Diesel

I'm so so sorry Joe. :'( :'( :'( I am so honored to have met such a wonderful
    labby those several years ago at Lindas and will never forget him!!!! :'(

I am so very very sorry Joe

Not gone... just gone on ahead

Godspeed Diesel

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Joe, I'm so sorry. I'm shedding a few tears for Diesel. Run free Sweet Diesel....

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Joe, my heart breaks for you. Please have some peace in the knowledge that Maddie was waitng for Diesel, and now the two of them are running around like puppies, pain-free and happy. They will be waiting to greet you, along with all the other four-legged fur kids you have aided and helped through the years, when your time comes to cross that Bridge.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast