Dog Fads (breeds and lab colors)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog Fads (breeds and lab colors)

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Fads (breeds and lab colors)

I used to see mostly black and yellow labs with a few chocolates here and there.

But lately it's all chocolate. There are 5 new lab puppies (less than 1 year old) at the park and they are ALL chocolate. It's all anyone gets. NONE look anything like the standard. Not even field labs - but I will wait to see how they grow up.

Other dogs that are VERY popular are pugs and bugs (beagle/pug mix). I can't stand the little devils but it seems everyone is getting them. There are more and more Danes as well, and I just love them. Beautiful creatures.

what trends have you noticed in your neck of the woods?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Fads (breeds and lab colors)

At our dog park and local park I still see mostly yellow labs, rarely a chocolate and only some black labbies! The nice thing is it seems to me that I see alot of folks with rescues ( I only know because I tend to ask out of curiosity) these day's! It's also kind of nice because our local shelter brings some of the pups out to walk them! Nice to know their not stuck in a cage all day every day! Our next pup will be a rescue!

skippin is offline Member

I am in Lab country. All colors, sizes, looks, etc. The most popular thing here right now is "pointing" Labs, which are selling for around $750-1200 each. There are about 5 BYB's breeding them, and they are so far from the standard, you would think they were mixes. Its unfortunate that there are so many irresponsible people out there... The next most popular thing are those Puggles, whatever mix they are. They sell for over $1000 each.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

Well this summer in our neighborhood I met two Labradoodles. (My feelings about that are another topic, but anyway....... :).....(Yes, it's true, I'm not fond of them.) One was so big and clumsy it seriously looked like an adult in a dog costume lumbering down the street. Sorry if I offend anyone. I just think this designer dog stuff is ridiculous and it seems like people are more interested with who can come up with the most clever name combination (Puggle, Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, etc.) than they are about what they are actually creating. It just turns me off.
    On our walks and at the beach we see all kinds of dogs; but not one breed more than another. Actually now that I think about it, in our town alone there must be at least 6 or more Wheaton Terriers. Breezy's best girlfriend and daily playmate is a Wheaton and she is a great dog! Adorable too.

labby is offline Senior Member

Dunno. I never see chocolate here.

Laura

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Here it seems to be Boxers. There are about five in our neighborhood. Well, four now that Vanessa lost Ginger last week. :'(

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

jan elaine Guest

Around here there are alot of rescue dogs (usually mixed breed). Also labradoodles, poodles, pugs, and of course pitbulls. I'm a firm believer that there are no bad dogs just bad owners but these dogs scare me. However they are really popular here. I don't know if its a southern thing or not. However, I will always be a Lab person. I just love them :-*

Labradoodles and Wheaten Terrors. Why? Because they don't shed :

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Mostly yellows here. And goldens. The two are practically interchangeable. :P Lots of chocolates.

Weird, but the blacks that I see are the shelter labs, lab crosses. I don't know that I have ever seen someone around here with a nice black from a decent breeder. They are either total weimy bodied BYBs, or rescues (which prolly came from BYBs.) Around my mom's there are a few, but none around here. (except Baloo, of course. )

TONS of goldens. TONS of "puggles". (Beagle/pug)

Mostly goldens, though. I can't get over the amount of goldens around here.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Over the last 6 years I've seen an increase in Chocolates and maybe, somewhat, yellows.

At our weekly LabFests, it used to be Blacks with a slight majority over Yellows with no Chocolates. Now the number of Blacks is reduced slightly and there are more Chocolates although not as many as Yellows.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast