Do squirrels drive your dogs crazy? (amazing video)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do squirrels drive your dogs crazy? (amazing video)

nick_charles is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo squirrels drive your dogs crazy? (amazing video)

Do squirrels drive your dogs crazy? Check out this video and you'll appreciate why! The little arboreal rodents will do anything for food!

http://www.maniacworld.com/squirrel-...le-course.html

[size=10pt]Semper Famelicus[/size]<br /><br />Nick &amp; Nora (Terry&#39;s kids)&nbsp; Nora&#39;s Dreams

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do squirrels drive your dogs crazy? (amazing video)

Interesting!

In grad school (U of Fla), we had a "Psychology Fair" to acquaint other students with the diversity of psychology. Some students trained several white rats to perform a sequence of tasks somewhat like those the squirrel did but not with quite so many elements. But it may have been easier with the rats although the process must have been similar -- chaining. First one element is taught then another is added then another, etc., for the animal to get the food.

And squirrels do not drive Puff crazy. She pays little attention to them but some have said they have squirrels that love to tease and torture their Labs.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Luckily Sammi falls in the same category as Bob Pr.s pup- pays little to no attention to them! In fact even if she sees them in our yard she doesnt mess with them- We havent been tested with bunnies yet!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Squirrels! Doesn't matter what color or type, moving or frozen still. HK is off after it.
    Rabbits! Hey! I am looking at the rabbit. I will come later. But she doesn't chase after them.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

patm is offline Senior Member

My 2 have busted storm doors getting out to the "squirrels". If I want to drive them crazy I just say "squirresl" in an excitied whisper and they tear out the back door into the yard and up into the woods. Even if there are any squirrels, they usually go the opposite way of the dogs. Actually you can say anything in the tone that I use to say "squirrels" and they get all excited and bust out the door.

imported_CHOCO4ME is offline Senior Member

Mine knock the sliding screen off to get the possum that waddles down my block wall every night. It is quite a sight to see them try to get it, he just waddles on down the road to his next visit.
    Jake, Blue and Ginger<br />

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

chaining
    Yes! Bob - is that how dogs learn their agility layouts? Same principle?
    I rather like the idea of squirrel agility, but then, Tudor and I like the squirrels anyway.

Seamus and Flynn

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Insane!!! Squirrels & especially bunnies make Lexi nuttier than a fruitcake.

Without fail she will stalk them, does not matter that she has little chance in hades of ever catching one. I love to watch her go from walking, sniffing & panting.... to a near dead stand-still & barely breathing stalking after one of the little critters.

Only downside - if she decides to try & make chase, she'll run the leash out to the 16' & I'll get a good shoulder re-alignment.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Yogi is my squirrel freak. He races window to window in the house staring at them. If they stop and act like they are looking at him, he cries like a baby. He's even got a dog tag that says Squirrel Patrol on it. My other 2 boys don't even care about them.
    Kathy<br />*****<br />Hunter &amp; Boozer, blk (3/3/02)<br />Chance, ylw (12/23/04)<br />Yogi, choc (8/16/04), adopted 11/19/05<br />Brandie, ylw (12/4/03-2/22/05)<br /><br />

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

I am waiting for her to go through the front window after a squirrel one day. :

Honestly, they are a serious insurgent in our yard. There is actually a park I cannot take her to because she goes absolutely insane when she sees a squirrel. This park is loaded with old live oaks and hundreds of squirrels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast