A day in the life of a naughty puppy....Leave it, drop it, no, no, no!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life of a naughty puppy....Leave it, drop it, no, no, no!!!

hark67 is offline Senior Member

DefaultA day in the life of a naughty puppy....Leave it, drop it, no, no, no!!!

Yesterday was quite the day for naughty little Guthrie as well as for my Mom. It started out like any other day....my little angel wakes up, plays outside a bit, has some breakfast, and then a bit of cuddle time before I leave for work and my Mom takes over "puppysitting" duties.

In typical puppy fashion Guthrie decided early in the morning that he was not going to be a sweet boy. First he decided to roll in stinky stuff. This lead to eating everything he could find(acorns, bugs, dirt and twigs) and deleafing and delimbing my little baby beech tree. Then he took a nice rest inside...laying down to chew the fringe in the carpeting. And he didn't forget to play footsy in his waterbowl either!! Lucky for my mom he finally decided to take a nap! But when he woke up it got worse!

She had him outside in the afternoon and had turned her back on him for a second. When she looked back she saw him out on the pool cover in the deep end of the pool. Of course the pool level is drained down and we have one of those old fashion tarp covers. To make matters worse it was covered in water because of the recent rains. She said she doesn't know why she didn't have a heart attack right then and there. She ran over, and, with bionic strength, pulled my dear, sweet, soaking wet, 75lb naughty puppy to safety! It is a miracle that she was able to get him out, a miracle that the cover did not break or fall into the pool. and a miracle that she agreed to watch him for me again today!! Of course, after yesterday, he was on his very best behavior!!

I have ordered a big flower arrangement to thank my mom for not only being my lifesaver but also Guthries! I am so blessed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A day in the life of a naughty puppy....Leave it, drop it, no, no, no!!!

Sorry all I can do is laugh! Guthrie you are just to dang cute! Thank your mom from us here at JL, not sure what we do without Guthries antics! ;D

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A day in the life of a naughty puppy....Leave it, drop it, no, no, no!!!

Aww Guthrie.....You didn't mean to make Grandma mad, right? If it makes you feel any better, my girl Breezy did the same exact thing a couple of weeks ago with the pool cover thing, AND it was at my Mom's house! We were freaking out. But Breezy thought it was the greatest thing EVER. : Well you are so darn cute Guthrie that you can get away with stuff like that. Thank Heavens for Moms that love our pups!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cute story. Isn't it amazing what puppies can find to get into? Good thing God makes them so stinkin' cute!

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Megan, you have quite the little (smart) devil on your hands! I am sorry, I had to laugh about his antics..."just getting my tootsies wet, grandma...what's the big deal?"
    I am glad your mom didn't get hurt trying to save him.

2labcrew is offline Senior Member

LOL! Silly Puppy! God Bless your mom for agreeing to another day!
    Miriam , Digger, and Kodi

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Sorry had to giggle. Your mom is a saint.

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

Oh man Megan, thank goodness for your mom.
    One question- how did I blink and Guthrie weighs 75 lbs?
    We really need to get together for a play date!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday, Guthrie. You know what could be fun with grandma today. Check to see if Mom has any towels hanging in the bathroom. If she does, grab one and start running past grandma, just out of reach. It wil lhelp her get some exercise whether she needs it or not. AND you have fun!

It works for me all the time. They close the door to the bathrooms on me, but sometimes they forget.

Hershey Kisses

Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Guthrie is so cute, it lets him get away with a lot. Bruno has done all of that (not in one day) except the pool stunt because we don't have a pool. The only thing that helps me is that he responds to "treat" - comes running every time. Does Guthrie have a word that brings him? It would make it easier for your mom. I suspect that your mom loves Guthrie as much as you do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast