fun little video

Thread: fun little video

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Defaultfun little video

Here is a little video that our training club made of some of it's members at a recent agility trial. I'm sure you'll recognize the Labs.

http://homepage.mac.com/ltunick/nadac_1013/index.html
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: fun little video

Cool looks like so much fun!
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

patm is offline Senior Member

Wonderful pics! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sweet. I saw Murray and Essy!

WOW, you have a lot of kids in the club. We have only one girl that competes here, and she's 16 years old now (started when she was 10). No other kids compete. It's weird. I would think kids would love it.

CJs Mom is offline Senior Member

How fun! Thanks for sharing that.
    Laura & CJ in New Hampshire

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I would think kids would love it.
    It is cost prohibitive for a lot of people. In my case I pay for lessons for 2, trials for 2, and now I can't split costs for traveling for gas or hotels anymore unless I make Meghan get a job.

Meghan is involved in a lot of other activities as well (group and private lessons as well as competitions for baton twirling and violin to name a few) plus she has a huge workload from school now but she manages to handle it all and wants to add more. : Some kids can't handle that much...not to mention some parents can't handle it either especially if they have multiple kids. Meghan is my youngest now so I can devote a lot of my time to her.

Some of the clubs offer reduced rates for trials for JH but not all. Some clubs offer classes just for JH but not all. Clubs that want to bolster the jr entries should give some serious consideration to those things.

Maybe you could suggest starting a JH agility class and see if there is any interest in your area. Make sure to let the parents know about the AKC jr handler program (which is not just for conformation) where the kids can earn college scholarships based on their dog show careers in any of the performance events or conformation. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Maybe you could suggest starting a JH agility class and see if there is any interest in your area. Make sure to let the parents know about the AKC jr handler program (which is not just for conformation) where the kids can earn college scholarships based on their dog show careers in any of the performance events or conformation.
    I have never heard of this. I'll have to look it up and maybe mention it to the club. Thanks!

georgie is offline Senior Member

That was a cute video. That looks like fun.