Prayers please one last time-Diesel
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers please one last time-Diesel

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultPrayers please one last time-Diesel

Sometime tomorrow the last in a great line of seniors I have shared my life with will cross the Rainbow Bridge. Diesel was the first senior I ever took in, but he was a mere 10 years old at the time. His owner was a victim of domestic abuse and this was the second time Diesel came to stay with me. He never went back after that.

Just a few days after coming to live with us.

Diesel had one "squinty" eye, but could see well out of it. He also had attitude and would happily snap at you if you did something he did not like. Nail clipping was a BIG no-no! Still in all, he had a lot of love and was always a great dog to take to events. He loved people and went to many pet expos with me.

Diesel earned his CGC at the age of 12, and would have been TDI certified if I had sent his paperwork in on time. That happened to be the same time that Maggy got sick and passed, so there where other things on my mind.

Two short years after getting Diesel, Maddie came to stay. Diesel and Maddie where constant companions, never apart unless one of them was off on a trip with me. Since Maddie's passing 3 weeks ago Diesel has declined quickly. I honestly think he is waiting to go be with his best friend. He spends most of his time just looking out the door, as if waiting for me to bring her home to him. Tomorrow they will be reunited.

Diesel has not been eating, and can only walk 2 or 3 steps before his behind lowers to the floor. His tongue turns blue and I know he is not getting the oxygen he should be. He does not seem to be in pain, but we have had the talk and he is ready.

Sadly, I am not ready to go through the pain again, but I will do what is best for him. I know this will be very hard for Barb too, because her and "The Big D" would often go walking in the park. He would get so excited when he heard that they where going she would have to say she was going for a W in the P.

Goodbye my old friend. You have taught me much, but you have not shown me how to say goodbye with grace. I will mourn you with all my heart, and the tears that fall today will join the many many more that have passed and are yet to come. I just wish your former Mom could have seen you again and known what a wonderful life you have had. Run now Big D, and join your friends. Save me a spot because I will be there with you soon. I love you.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Prayers please one last time-Diesel

it's so sad... I'm very sorry.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

*Wiping away the tears to say*... goodbye old fella, you have had a long and happy life and are now ready to join your beloved Maddie- you are a handsome old devil despite your squint, i bet Maddie can't wait to have you home- :-*

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I am sorry Joe. You have my thoughts and prayers.

Just remember... not gone, just gone on ahead.

Eric

My heart will be with you today, and tomorrow. :'(

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

Brookville, Pa.

snicksmom is offline Senior Member

I'm very sorry, Joe. You will all be in my thoughts.

~Sue
    Sue & Snicks in New Hampshire

"I got the ball Mom....!!!"

Joe, My heart and thoughts are with you. You are an amazing man. You have more strength than what you know.

Diesel, you sweet boy. Kisses to you. Have a play with Cinder when you get there. She is loved and missed as well.

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

Oh, Joe. I am so very sorry. Run free, sweet Diesel :'( :'(

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Oh, Joe, I am so very,very sorry. This many losses in such a short time just isn't fair at all, not at all.

Godspeed Deisel, godspeed. May all your friends meet you at the gate.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast