Flying with your Labbie....to a hot climate

Thread: Flying with your Labbie....to a hot climate

True Blue is offline Senior Member

DefaultFlying with your Labbie....to a hot climate

Hello all! I haven't been around in a looooong time!!! Bunny (if you remember, she was hospitalized shortly after we got her for some major stomach issues that did clear up) is doing great now. However, we have come across a new challenge. DH is in the military, and we just received orders to move to Puerto Rico next summer. I know most airlines do not allow dogs to travel past 85 degrees, which is how hot it tends to be there most of the year....does anyone know if there are any airlines on which it would be safe to send her in the summer? Do we need to wait until the winter to ship her to us? My parents can watch her for a while, but I'd rather they don't have to.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Flying with your Labbie....to a hot climate

Would wait til winter...cargo is where animals are shipped and it's hotter in there! (Assume there is no chance military plane would take her with them?)

True Blue is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Flying with your Labbie....to a hot climate

I don't think there is a military plane option, unfortunately. I've actually read however that a lot of cargo areas are temperature controlled, however, the problem is on the tarmac. It doesn't help that she'll have to fly from Florida to Puerto Rico...double whammy! LOL