Scary - long
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary - long

agasser is offline Member

DefaultScary - long

I had the scariest thing happen to me last night with Jack and Apollo. I Had a Dr. Apt. yesterday out of town, so the boys were crated most of the day. I let them out at noon for about 30 minutes and my boyfriend's mom let them out at 4:30 for and hour and played with them and fed them. We got home at 6:30 pm They were happy to see us and CRAZY! : so we took them to the park for a walk and play with the soccer ball. At around 8 pm I was sitting on the couch and the boys were playing with their toys (playing keep away) and all of a sudden I hear them both let our a blood curdling scream. I get up to see what is going on and they look like they were caught on each others collars or caught in each others teeth/mouth? I cant get them seperated and they keep screaming. My downstairs neighbors run up to see what is going on (My BF is at the library studying) and we can't get them seperated. They are not fighting, just caught on something. After 3 minutes of this, they somehow break free. in the meantime, Jack had peed everywhere i think b/c he was scared? I looked them bother over (teeth, jaws, EVERYTHING!!) and they were fine. They took a treat and drank water, but they would not go near each other the rest of the night. Jack sat on my lap and would not leave me. Apollo just laid down and went to bed. This morning they both ate breakfast had their morning routine, but do not want anything to do with each other. What do I do? Do I give them time? They are best friends......always togther and playing. It scared me to death!!!
    Jack and Apollo<br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Scary - long

This is exactly the reason why no collars should be worn unless they are on a walk or outside. I have 2 boys and there's no way I would let them play with their collars on. I've heard too many horror stories, many with one of them not surviving. :'(

Thank God your 2 are OK. They'll be ok, just give them a little time. And keep those collars off!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    Thank God your 2 are OK. They'll be ok, just give them a little time. And keep those collars off!
    I agree with Amy. It will take some time but I'm sure they will be buddies again soon. Good idea to make a no collars in the house rule, especially when you have more than one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Probably collar caught - never leave them on in crates or when in the house...too many bad things can happen! (Search for this here!)

Not sure what it will take for them to get back together - but I bet time will take care of that for you!

Sorry it was so scary for both you and them!

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

What the others said. I know someone who had this happen too and several people on here that have had it happen. Their jaw gets stuck in the other dogs collar in their fight to get free they can break their jaw or strangulate the other dog. Very scary!! My dogs never wear their collars unless we are walking or out somewhere with their leashes on. Other than that they go bare neck I can't risk it.

I'm sure they will be best buds again in no time just let them work it out.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

agasser is offline Member

Thank you......will take them out of their collars when they are in the house. I will just give them time and hopefully they will get back to themselves. Going home in an hour to let them out and play for an hour and see if they will start acknowledging each other! :-[
    Jack and Apollo<br />

amazongold is offline Senior Member

This may sound silly, but talk to them and tell them it was the bad collars that caused their scare so you are taking them off. Make sure they see the collars after you take them off.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Yea, I like Jackie's idea!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I'm sure they're just spooked. I'd be willing to bet they'll be best buds again in no time.

My two are nekkid in the house at all times. I figure it's probably more comfortable for them, not to mention the safety issue.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

TheBigRaloo is offline Senior Member

We had a collar incident with a neighbor's dog when Ivy was 6-month's old. Scared the poop (literally, in Ivy's case) out of all of us. In time, the dogs both moved on from the incident ... but, like everyone else here, I look at collars in a whole new light now. :-\
    Ivy and Raleigh - BFF since 2001<br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast