Sometimes I worry about how much I care about all the labs here! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I worry about how much I care about all the labs here!

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sometimes I worry about how much I care about all the labs here!

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom
    I think that one thing that makes us feel so close is that when we read about others' experiences and feelings for their labs being the same as our own, it's very easy to relate to each other, and to love those labs we see pictures of and read about. I can read a story about someone's lab, or see a precious picture, and think "that's what my Mitzi does" or "that looks so much like my Judy". It's very easy to extend my love for M&J to that lab in the picture, or to that lab that does that cute, naughty, or interesting behavior. That's what brings me here every day; I can't wait to see who's celebrating birthdays, how sick and injured labs are doing, pictures of the new puppies and seniors, stories of their antics. Tears and laughter at the computer every day - I care too.
    I think you sum it up perfectly!

For me it has made the world a much smaller place too, i now have all these new friends from around the globe who all share a common interest with me, I have learnt an awful lot from JL and i really couldn't imagine not checking in on a daily basis.

Kate

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

It's a great place to be a member of.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I do that. I think I feel this way because of how supportive everyone was when Shadow died. I know exactly how people feel when they post about worrying about their labs, or if their labs are sick. There is no other place where people are so supportive of each other & know how we are feeling. Where we can talk about our feelings & folks will understand.

We are like family here & I think that makes all the labs & their people so special.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

I agree. It doesn't matter whether we've met in person (as some have) or not. We're all kindred spirits at least as far as our feelings for our animals go, and I think that a lot of us have more in common even than that which initially brought us here.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, it is so nice to always have this feeling of support and to know that there is someone else who has gone through the same thing. It helps so much. But it is also wonderful to celebrate successes and share the joy.

All of the feelings that everyone has described are the reason that I joined. I found this place seeking advise for the best food for my dog and I found so much more. I feel very lucky not only to be a companion to such a special breed of dog, but to have found companionship from such a special breed of people.

All of you are just wonderful!

Whoa! Gotta love the positive energy in this thread! YEAH!!! I like you all too, and I like Raian's new fall signature.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

I agree with everything posted in this thread. I don't think I've ever been to a "place" where I cry and laugh so much. From the tear jerking stories to hilarious antics, I will forever be a dedicated JL'r who cares for each and every pup and person on the board. It is very comforting to know that there is a place to go where everyone understands exactly how you feel about your best friend.

My wife thought I was crazy for being so affected by an internet forum until I started sharing stories and pictures with her. Now she is always asking how Tankie is doing, or has Jake driven Labby crazy yet, etc. ;D

lablover is offline Senior Member

I feel just like you do. First thing this morning I was wondering how everyone in California was doing along with their labs.

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

I feel the same way. I have cried and felt awful when someone loses their lab. I was siting at work last night worried about he people here that are going throguh the fires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast