Caleb went to do genealogy research with us...

Thread: Caleb went to do genealogy research with us...

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultCaleb went to do genealogy research with us...

We decided to take a ride out to Wrightsvill PA on Saturday to check out where my ancestors lived, and the Little Stink Pot went with us. First stop was the BK by Cabela's in Hamburg (Caleb didn't really need a pee break, but we did. LOL). I thought for sure he'd be so wound by all the sights, sounds and smells that he'd be bouncing off the walls. Nope- never would have known that was the first time he'd been around so much truck traffic. When we got to Wrightsville, we walked down to the boat launch to get the lay of the land. Caleb would have gone swimming if I'd let him, but I got no arguments when I only let him go in about half way up his legs. While Ken was getting the camera out of the car, a family came out of the woods with a chocolate Lab. Evidently, that dog "doesn't play nice with others". They were about 20-30 feet away, and I heard the wife ask the husband if he'd growled yet. I don't think Caleb had a clue the other dog was there- he was too busy sniffing along the edge of the water and watching a guy fish. Next we walked what hand been the canal path so we could try to get pictures of where the original bridge stood (my ancestors supplied the wood, etc for it). No dragging, etc from Caleb. After checking out the cemetery in town, we headed out to the farm my ancestors had. The present owners gave us permission to walk around and take pictures. Caleb walked the corn field with us. Boy did he have fun! Just sniffing, picking up cut stalks, etc. At one point, we got ahead of Ken, and went around the corner. I told Caleb "Find Daddy", and turned around. He went around the corner and looked from side to side until he saw Ken, then we both ran to him. Then we slowly headed home (drove around the area a little more, but no more walking). We stopped again at the BK in Hamburg, where Caleb once again stretched and peed. He was so funny when I offered him his dinner- he laid down in the grass and looked at me like I was crazy. A couple of minutes later he started eating. The we headed home. The funniest thing was when we got home- he ran in the door, grabbed his Tickle Me Elmo, then started bouncing around us as if we had left him home all day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BillieIsMyKid is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Caleb went to do genealogy research with us...

That sounds like a cool trip!!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

What a fun day!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Awwww I'm glad it was such a great trip for everyone. Now you won't be afraid to travel with him again.! Good boy Caleb.