Not Sure Whether to be Concerned or Not
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Sure Whether to be Concerned or Not

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultNot Sure Whether to be Concerned or Not

This morning I took Tal to play fetch and some training before getting ready for school. On our way home I hear the upchuck starting, which he did in the yard. That happens opccacionally so not worried.

After he upchucked once he looked across the street and then started to lay down. For a second I thought he might be collapsing. I called his name and he responded immediately like he always does, we went into the back yard, and he jumped up and down for me to throw the ball. Our routine is when we get back home, I toss the ball, he fetches it and we go into the house.

Other than the starting to lie down, everything was normal. No problem eating, poop was normal, nothing out of the ordinary. No behavior changes. In all probability he was just going to lay down and watch whatever had caught his eye. And he did respond immediately when I called him, wagging tail and all.

What is your opinion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Not Sure Whether to be Concerned or Not

Souds pretty normal - I would just watch his attitude and make sure he stays his usual self. Like you said, he may have been going to lay down to keep a watch on whatever caught his eye across the street.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonGold
    Souds pretty normal - I would just watch his attitude and make sure he stays his usual self. Like you said, he may have been going to lay down to keep a watch on whatever caught his eye across the street.
    Thanks...yeah so far so good. He was just as goofy as usual when I left.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Did he eat some grass? Pete sometimes eats a bit of grass and it has on occasion made him upchuck just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by allprolab
    Did he eat some grass? Pete sometimes eats a bit of grass and it has on occasion made him upchuck just a bit.
    Yeah he had eaten a little bit of grass. he's done that before so I wasn't that concerned about the upchuck. It was what appeared to be a "clooapse" which was probably him lying down to watch whatever had caught his eye across the street that got me. For a split second I thought he was going to collapse, or have a seizure. But when he responded to my call immediately and trotted to me, well I knew it wasn;t a seizure at least.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I agree with what AmazonGold said.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

If I were you, I'd just keep a close eye on him.... maybe go lightly on the late day exercise....... I hope he is his usual self tonight.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

georgie is offline Senior Member

My girls will vomit sometimes after eating grass. Maybe his stomach was upset. I would just watch him & as long as he is his normal self....I wouldn't worry. Maybe he was just laying down. It does make you worry when they do odd things. But just keep an eye on him.

How has he been this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    My girls will vomit sometimes after eating grass. Maybe his stomach was upset. I would just watch him & as long as he is his normal self....I wouldn't worry. Maybe he was just laying down. It does make you worry when they do odd things. But just keep an eye on him.

How has he been this evening?
    I have to teach tonight and I always come home around 3 or 3:30. Normall I take him to the park, come back then feed him after he settles down. Today I just took him in the back yard, did a few retrieves and came in and fed him. He is his normal self. I thought I'd probably just wait until tomorrow morning to take him again. And just rleax tonight...maybe some throws in the back yard and a nice long walk. It'll be a nice change of pace and not so taxing on him. I am probably just being paraniod and over protective, but better safe than sorry. But he is his normal self...nothing out of the ordinary.

It was probably just my hyper active imagination..

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't say hyperactive imagination.... you are a good observant pet owner..... we need to be observant of our dogs ways and how they act... or you could miss something that if caught in the early stages, could be remedied easily. I'm glad to hear he seems fine.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast