Thoughts for Bobbie please - UPDATE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts for Bobbie please - UPDATE

DefaultThoughts for Bobbie please - UPDATE

UPDATE -

Just spoke to my Mom who has spoken to the vet. Nothing broken (thank god!) but she does have ruptured ligaments that may require surgery. She will be assessed again on Wednesday. She may have to stay in another night because she hasn't had a wee yet but she can come home as soon as she does. I just hope they are taking her out enough because she won't do it inside!!

Thanks for all the good thoughts and I will keep you updated as to how she is getting on.

For those who aren't aware, I don't live at home with my parents anymore and as Bobbie is the family dog, she lives there with them and my sister.

About 8.30 last night I get a panicked call from my sister to say that Bobbie has been run over, she is taking her to the emergency vets and can I wake Dad up and tell him etc (Dad was on night shift so was getting some sleep before work).

I jump in the car with my boyf and race over to my parents to pick up my Dad and we all rush to the vets. My sister is sitting in the waiting room absolutely distraught, my boyf stays to comfort her because I wanted to get in and see Bobs.

She was on a table in a room with the vet, my mom and my sister's boyf. She was covered in blood and her leg was completly tore open. When me and my Dad walked in the room she saw us and started to wag her tail :'( This just broke my heart.

I took over comforting her from my Mom so she could have a breather. Bobbie was such a good girl, lying still while the vet checked her all over. He put her down on the floor to see whether she would put any weight on her back legs which she did so that is a good sign.

She had to stay in last night on a drip and is to be anaethetised today to they can xray her back legs and stitch her up. Depending on what they find, she may have to stay in there tonight too.

I finally got my sister to calm down enough to tell me what had happened. She and her boyf had walked Bobbie down to the Chinese take away. Karl was in the shop and my sis was waiting outside with Bobs. Someone pulled the big metal shutter down on one of the other shops and it spooked Bobbie. She slipped her collar and ran across the main duel carridgeway. She was hit once, got up and was hit again by another car. Karl finally caught her over the other side of the road.

Please spare some thoughts that all goes well today and they find nothing broken in the x ray. I'm so worried for my girl.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Thoughts for Bobbie please

How scary. Will keep Bobbie in my prayers.

Brookville, Pa.

Prayers for Bobbie on the way. My heart goes out to your sister. Cinnamon slipped her collar a couple of weeks ago and narrowly missed getting hit once and I think she got slightly bumped the second time as her leg swelled but she made her way home as it was night time and we lost sight of her in the dark. Please tell your sister not to beat herself up about it there was nothing she could have done just as there was nothing my father could have done to stop Cinnamon's dash.

Please keep us postedon how Bobbie is doing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Prayers and well wishes for Bobby. Keep us posted.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts & prayers for Bobbie.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

oh, I hope Bobbie is going to be okay....good thoughts. Please keep us updated.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Oh my. How horrific. Poor Bobbie. :-\

Please keep us updated.

Scout and friends Guest

Long story, but this happened to Scout once. She got scared by something, pulled back and her head slipped out of her collar. She bolted into a busy parking lot, we were at the pet food store.

She didn't get hit, thank goodness, but that was the last time she wore that type of collar. I got one that she can't pull her head out of in a panic, it tightens. It's a solid colored collar, rather plain looking. I don't do flat collars any more for this very reason.

Hope Bobbie is home soon and has a quick and complete recovery. Time for a new type of collar, maybe as a get well gift.

(Yes, your poor sister. This will replay in her head, and there was nothing she could have done.)

Oh no. I'm so sorry about Bobbie. Prayers and good thoughts that she makes a full recovery. I know you are worried sick.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Oh no! How scary. Lots of good thoughts for Bobbie, please keep us posted about her.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast