Keeping up with the Joneses.......

Thread: Keeping up with the Joneses.......

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

DefaultKeeping up with the Joneses.......

I'm not sure if you use this expression where you are but, and forgive me if i sound patronizing , this is basically what it means

"Keeping up with the Joneses" is a popular catchphrase in many parts of the English-speaking world. It refers to the desire to be seen as being as good as one's neighbours or contemporaries using the comparative benchmarks of social caste or the accumulation of material goods. To fail to "keep up with the Joneses" is perceived as demonstrating socioeconomic or cultural inferiority.

To cut a long story short i think my neighbour is having a midlife crisis.....- :

He has moved in a very much younger woman who has a toddler and they have just recently had a baby together-
    He is 66 she is 23 !!-

"She" is a nice enough sort of girl but is very attention seeking and immature, she came round last week to ask if i would mind looking after their cats whilst they went on holiday (Vacation) which of course i duly did for them.

I made the mistake of then telling them that we were having another pup...

I received a text message from her half an hour ago saying come round and see what we've had...

They have an 8 week old boxer bitch who is absolutely adorable.

I don't mean to sound catty but the house isn't what i would term tidy, infact there is "stuff" everywhere, baby things, toddler toys etc... very hard for an 8 week old pup to distinguish which things are hers and which she must not touch.

I have just been round to see her and have already given her owner my 2 pennies worth... she twice slapped her on he nose for picking up one of the baby's things... i am foreseeing a huge fall out between us very soon.

I told her she needs to "remove" things out of temptation's way...in other words tidy up! and certainly not hit her, show her what she is and isn't allowed to chew on.

I took a few pics to show you, and you will agree she is lovely....i have a gut feeling that they will soon tire of her though and that this was simply just a case of keeping up with the Joneses!

They are all a little blurry sorry, she was very quick!

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Keeping up with the Joneses.......

How cute she is! Let's just hope and pray everything works out for the little girl regardless of her circumstances.

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Poor little thing. Hopefully it will turn out for good, though... maybe you'll be surprised. I understand your concern, though. :-\
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I hate it when that happens, animals are not possessions. Geesh people frustrate me. Hopefully that little girl's life will be a good one, like you said she'll probably grow tired of the pup. :-\

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I agree, she is an absolute doll....... I hope things will turn out good for the pooch..... and yes, we have that saying here too..... keeping up with the Joneses.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/