Do you think one of your dogs is smarter then the other? Shush..don't tell Abby
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think one of your dogs is smarter then the other? Shush..don't tell Abby

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo you think one of your dogs is smarter then the other? Shush..don't tell Abby

I was thinking about this today. Molly is 4 years old & Abby is almost 2. I think Molly is definately smarter then Abby. It seems Molly knows many more words then Abby. Molly seems to also be more sensitive & in tune to things then Abby.

Now I love them both so much but there is a noticeable difference in these two. If I say "get the cubes girls...Abby just looks at me while Molly goes & finds them & paws them to the cupboard where the Cheerios are kept. Abby comes over when she hears the Cheerios bag make noise. :

And one last thing...it is the way Molly looks at me, like she undrstands what I am saying, Abby just comes over, tail wagging & wants to lick me.

Oh & did I mention.....Molly has a smart bump & Abby is a flat head.

Anyone else notice differencs with their labs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you think one of your dogs is smarter then the other? Shush..don't tell Abby

Yes. Shanny is the smartest dog I've ever seen. She's scary smart. Her mother Stevie was the sweetest of the bunch but certainly not the brightest bulb in the pack.

I love Seamus, but he's not Einstein.

Laura

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you think one of your dogs is smarter then the other? Shush..don't tell

Hahahahahahaha! Oh YEAH!
    Paddy has it all worked out before WE do.
    Paddy raised Seamus who is one nanosecond behind Paddy in *getting it*.
    Flynn... well, he lets them figure it out and then he tries to take the glory.

What a crew. Love 'em all!

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you think one of your dogs is smarter then the other? Shush..don't tell Abby

if we aren't comparing Lab to Lab...
    Lucy knows more because I spent more time training her but Cricket is waaaay smarter.
    There is alot of untapped brain in that little body.

Wellll.....I think my Sammi SEEMS smarter than Holly because she doesn't have the submissive issues that Holly does. Sam is very confident and loves working on new stuff and meeting new people and doing new things......and....well she's up for ANYTHING!

Holly has been a fraidy cat since she was a pup and we picked her out. We thought we were being so supah smart and knowledgable when we asked for the most submissive pup of the bunch....to avoid any alpha dog issues with Sammi. Boy were we stupid. :-\ Holly is 4 now and still wets herself when someone comes over....or if you have tone with her. It makes training difficult....even with positive reinforcement which is the only way I know how to train. I know that Holly is smart, but sometimes it's hard to get past her fears.

So....when it comes to ease of training...it would have to be Sammi Sue. But Holly has her very own endearing qualities.....and we lubs them both.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do you think one of your dogs is smarter then the other? Shush..don't tell

Magnum is language smart. She knows her toys by name and can bring you the correct one.
    Ruger is trainable smart, he learns quickly and aims to please and will try to do whatever I'm asking him to do.
    Remington, God love him, is a big lug head. But I do think he's smart, he's just not received a whole lot of training yet

georgie is offline Senior Member

Gee...I'm glad I am not alone in my thinking. yep....I love them each for their own special qualities. Maybe it is the one on one time I was able to give Molly when she was young.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I can't really tell yet. Baloo almost seems to have moments of genius.... and then sinks back into his oafish stupor.

I'll have to get back to you once his brain finishes growing in there. ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Merlot_1 Guest

Nope, both my dogs are dumb as a rock : They don't know the difference between day and night or right from wrong

Cinder is realllly clever. She figures all kinds of stuff out, most of which you wish she wouldn't have. By far the smartest dog I've owned.

My favorite though is when I bought a motion detector for the front stairs. She was a very bad girl whenever she would go upstairs so I didn't want her up there with out us. If you walked past the motion detector it would emit a very loud sound that she DID NOT like. Well, the boys figured out if you walked past slowly enough it wouldn't sound. I told them in no uncertain terms to not let Cinder see them. They thought I was kidding. A couple of days later I walk into the foyer to see Cinder slllllooooowwwwwllllyyyy creeping past the motion detector. I swear you would have thought she was on tippy toes. The stinker learned how to get past it!! ;D

Millie is a smart girl and can figure out what you want. Ralphie on the other hand, well, lets just say he's got a great personality! ;D He's a lover and he wants to please you , but not so much with the smarts. (Bless his heart)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast