The Yakmeister strikes again, and again and again--UPDATE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Yakmeister strikes again, and again and again--UPDATE

DefaultThe Yakmeister strikes again, and again and again--UPDATE

**UPDATE: Well, DH took him to the vet this afternoon (I had scheduled a community service project so the boys got to go together for once!) and it's a good thing-- he was a little dehydrated. His tummy was making a lot of noise but no tender spots or evidence of a blockage. So they gave him a large dose of super doggie pepto (DH said he escaped the techs on the first attempt but then realized he was outnumbered and gave in--wish I could have seen that!) to coat his entire digestive system. Sent us home with cans of super mild soft food. He just had 1/2 a can and gets another 1/2 can in a few hours. We'll do this for breakfast tomorrow too. If he throws up again, it's back to the vet tomorrow for x-rays. I appreciate that they didn't do those right away today--they know how tempermental Clarence's tummy is and I'm glad they at least tried to save us some $$$. Hopefully the super pepto will do the trick! Fingers crossed! Urp! ***

Clarence went to doggie daycare yesterday and they called DH saying he had thrown up all his breakfast and then twice more after that (foamy stuff). DH didn't get the message until he was about to go get Clarence so Clarence had stayed inside most of the day. We gave him rice and doggie pepto for dinner with a few kibbles. He threw up twice at 1:30am. I gave him a little bit of rice and doggie pepto again this morning and he just threw it up. (on the hardwood floor at least this time!) I'm not sure we should have fed him this morning but he has the "empty tummy" problem too (throws up bile when it gets too empty). So we're off to the vet this afternoon. He's pooping and drinking and woke me up for breakfast this morning, but he's never thrown up this much, so I"m a little worried. :-\ Any guesses as to what it might be? (Oh, and we're having a dinner party tonight--hope he doesn't hurk during that--how appetizing!). :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blackjack is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Yakmeister strikes again, and again and again

The empty tummy problem makes it harder to just let his tummy rest. We had to get a shot and some pills for BJ's tummy to calm down. Isn't it funny how just managing to hit the hardwood rather than the carpet makes all the difference?

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

I feel so bad for Clarence. I hope he feels better soon. I picture the scene in Christmas Vacation when the dog hurls under the dinner table! :-X

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I hope your tummy gets better soon, Clarence.

We're going to ask the vet about the shot so we can feed him later. He's acting like a starving refugee. Hope he doesn't reenact the Christmas vacation movie!

Did he eat anything at the park?

Hope he feels better!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Poor guy. I agree that it's difficult with empty tummy vomiting, because the best thing would be to rest the tummy for 24 hours. We start by giving Theo 1/4 c of rice (or even less) every 2-3 hours. Just sips of water, or ice cubes. If he throws that up, too, I would take him to the vet--you don't want him to get too dehydrated.

Poor guy - hope you get well soon Clarence!!

Feel better soon Clarence. :-*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast