CHECK IN :STORMS/KY/Nick
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHECK IN :STORMS/KY/Nick

sloigo is offline Senior Member

DefaultCHECK IN :STORMS/KY/Nick

Bad storms came through our areas tonight! One known case of death so far from the tornadoes......Owensboro, Ky was hit HARD! Louisville was hit pretty bad too from reports. Just checking in on everyone! We had bad wind & a little severe weather but NOTHING like what they got!

Hadn't seen this one in O & E, one BIG ol' family we ARE!
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,60058.0.html
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: CHECK IN :STORMS/KY/Nick

I hope everybody is ok...I know Tulsa got hit pretty bad last night. We had some of the same system come thru here but nothing bad...some strong winds, a little lightening and barely some rain. Nothing like others have gotten. Hope everyone is ok...

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Nick, hope you're doing alright...

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Minor damage with some trees down at our home. Other areas, like downtown, were hit very hard. One person, not yet confirmed, has reportedly been killed as it hit a hotel and the local university. We probably won't know the full extent of the damage until morning since it hit at night.

Unfortunately, I had to drive through several counties under tornado warnings as I was going from Louisville to Owensboro. I'm pretty sure I saw a few funnel clouds, but no tornadoes. I'm not normally afraid of storms, but these were so powerful, and being in a vehicle, I think I had white knuckles by the time I got home. Jes and I made it home safely though, for that I am very thankful. After hearing where they touched down in relation to where I was at throughout my trip, I had someone up above watching over me.

Glad to hear you're ok!

I'm in Louisville, we didn't have any damage at our house as we're in Southern Louisville and most of it stayed around the river. I know there was some damage in the Cresent hill area where my boss lives but I don't know the extent.
    We got a lot of lightning and thunder and some downpours late last night after I went to bed but nothing was damaged when we got up so that was good.
    I'm glas you are ok Nick hopefully the damage isn't too bad.

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

We had tornadoes all around us. We were driving home from obedience class on the By-Pass which is somewhat of an elevated road when the air raid sirens went off. We managed to get home and in the house with a minute to spare before they hit. Towns south of us were damaged the worst. Entire towns without power around us this morning. Lots of clean up today.

I'll stick take living in Tornado Alley over earthquakes and hurricanes.
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

I'm glas you are ok Nick hopefully the damage isn't too bad.
    Actually, with daylight - it wasn't as bad as everyone feared last night. The news had reported one death, that turned out to not be the case. There were some injuries, but not fatalities. In terms of directly affecting us, just trees down, so no biggie there. That happens with almost every severe storm it seems.

The NWS is investigating to see if it was a tornado or straight line winds, but the damage really does look tornadic - lots of twisted debris. It probably wasn't a strong one though, maybe F1/F2 max. The city dodged a bullet. It head a more economically depressed area of downtown and one that isn't residential. The damage appears to mainly be to abandoned buildings and businesses which were closed at the time so no one was there.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh my goodness. So glad the damage was minimal, but more importantly that you guys are safe.

We had a really bad tornado hit downtown in 1998.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

I'm glad you all are okay!

PBC (and others with the same feeling), I'm curious as to why you would say you would rather have tornadoes over hurricanes??? I feel with a hurricane, at least you have plenty of warning and can put up hurricane shutters; although, they do move slower. With tornadoes and earthquakes (from what little I know about them ) you don't have much warning, if any at all. Hope you don't mind me asking; I've just heard quite a few people say this and was always curious as to why!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast