Yum, steak!

Thread: Yum, steak!

k8show is offline Senior Member

DefaultYum, steak!

Sunday night, Brian and I invite a few friends over to grill. Brian bought this huge steak w/ a big strip of fat. Boo watches Brian grill with sad puppy eyes that beg, "I want to join the BBQ, please give me a taste." The big pile of vomit Boo produced the last time he had steak was a distant memory.

Boo happily gobbles up some steak fat: Smiles and waggles as if it's the best day of his life.

Cut to Monday afternoon. I arrive home from work and walk in through the garage door. I think, "Man that garbage needs to be taken out. Stinky, stinky!" As I move closer to Boo's crate, I realize it's not the garbage that I smell. Then Boo sees me: Smiles and waggles as if it's the best day of his life. His full body waggle flings diarrhea EVERYWHERE. I let him out of the crate and he's covered. The wall is covered; the floor is covered; the couch adjacent to his crate is covered. I put Boo in the backyard and attempt to clean up the mess. When I fold his crate, I smash my finger--hard. When I pick up the bulky, wire den, I spill its contents all over myself. Thatís it! I drop the crate and start crying like a baby.

Luckily Brianís on his way home from work. I gather myself and crack a beer. Covered in tears and poop, I wait patiently in the front yard for his arrival.

Together, my husband and I clean up the crate, the couch, the wall, the floor, and the dog. We agree that Boo will never eat steak again!
    Katie and Boo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Yum, steak!

Uh oh Boo. Looks like you will have to steal steaks in the future.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

It is so hard to resist those eyes. I wonder if the problem isn't really steak but the fat. I don't eat fat from meat, it's not supposed to be good for you so I don't give it to the dogs either. Maybe a bite or two of steak for Boo would be fine but I'd stay away from giving him any animal fat. It's not healthy for them either. Just an fyi.
    Hope he's feeling better and you got that mess all cleaned up. ewwwwww what a shi##y job. :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

This time, it was mostly fat. When he barfed though, it was just cut up beef w/o much fat. I think there was one other time w/ slightly loose stool too. He's cool w/ chicken, but does not seem down w/ beef or vennison.

We got the mess all cleaned up, and played fetch outside until the stench subsided. Boo is quite resilient. After his bath, you'd never know by looking at him that his tummy was so upset. We didn't give our little man dinner on Monday. He was fine by Tuesday afternoon. Silly boy. :
    Katie and Boo

It sounds like his name should be Poo! ;D

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

And the fat isn't that bad as long as it's in moderation. We'll allow ours maybe a thumbprint sized piece of fat, maybe 2, but if you gave your boy the whole strip of fat from a large steak, you should have known you'd get the runs! ;D

Uh oh Boo!

When my friends Lab gets muddy and gross they just put her in her crate in the driveway and hose her down in there so she's contained. I thought that idea was genius. I probably would've sacrificed the garage in lieu of moving a poopy crate... hose the dog and the crate down right there. I'm a wuss that way.

Sorry you had to go through that. Blech.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Oh MAN!!!

Sorry Katie...... don't mean to be insensitive, but having been there myself, I laughed at your account of the events. Hard. :-[

Pretty much the same thing happened to me a few months ago. Only Baloo's crate is in my bedroom (:-X) and I had exactly 1/2 an hour to get to a concert. :-\

Soooo not fun. But when I look back on it, it is a little funny. Just a little. ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Sounds like a good cry was in order!

Glad to hear he's feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    Oh MAN!!!

Sorry Katie...... don't mean to be insensitive, but having been there myself, I laughed at your account of the events. Hard. :-[

Pretty much the same thing happened to me a few months ago. Only Baloo's crate is in my bedroom (:-X) and I had exactly 1/2 an hour to get to a concert. :-\

Soooo not fun. But when I look back on it, it is a little funny. Just a little. ;D
    I was laughing about it today as I told my mother who was just cracking up! ;D At the time though, I was a mess in more ways than one--I felt bad for Boo, stupid for not knowing better, covered in poop.

I was, however glad he wasn't a kid--I cursed up a storm, cried a bit and had a beer w/o fear of harming Boo's emotional growth.

When I told my sister the messy story she sang, "When you're sitting in your cage and your ass begins to rage...Diarrhea...Diarrhea!" :
    Katie and Boo