Those with suv vehicle barriers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those with suv vehicle barriers

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

DefaultThose with suv vehicle barriers

I'm looking at getting one for my vehicle, but wondering if there is any visual difference between the tubular vs. the mesh bar barriers?
    (make bad blind spots, very easy/hard to look through, etc...)

Examples:
    mesh:

tubular:

I'm not looking at this specific company, but more debating between styles. Any comments/experiences are much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    ~ Angie

<br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Those with suv vehicle barriers

We have the tubular one, second pic. It is not a problem with seeing/causing a view obstruction but Raven can fit her snout between the bars and puts it there while I'm driving sometimes. It worries me! If I was getting another one, I would get the first type.

RukusandDozer is offline Senior Member

We have the 2nd one you showed (the tubular one) and I haven't noticed any blind spots when driving (except for the two bobbing lab heads behind it ;D). Dozer is able to squeeze his head between the bars and the seat in the spot where the two separate seats come together, but other than that we really like it. It's also nice that it's a bit higher up because you can flip down the back seat and they can get out that way too (rather than exiting through the back door).

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

We have the mesh, no visual barriers or blind spots. Only the ones the dogs head causes.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

We had the first type. We got rid of it because DW didn't like the mesh look in the rear view mirror.

I can't imagine the tubular one working with HK. I can see her finding a way to squeeze through somehow. At the sides, or under an up. She almost got around the side of the wire one.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

I had the tubular one when I had my Envoy. No blind spots to speak of, but what I didn't like about it was that even though it was tightened as far as I could get it, Henry could still find that spot that would make it shift and move, which drove me nuts. He could (and did) squeeze in between the two tubular thingies on several occasions, while still wearing his seatbelt, so he was dangling between the cargo area and the back seat, stuck in the divider.

I think if I had another SUV, I'd get the mesh one.
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_oakley is offline Senior Member

I have the tubular one.
    I haven't really had any problems with it.

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Thank you everyone for your experiences/opinions!!
    They are very resourceful, keep them coming...
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

BillieIsMyKid is offline Senior Member

I have the mesh one because I am quite sure that Billie would find a way to stick her head through the tubular one or even squeeze through it.

I don't find a blind spot with the mesh one unless you put the bolts in the wrong place. It will rattle if it gets loose though - and it's REALLY hard to keep tight with the way my Tahoe roof is because of the rear air conditioning ducts.

The "quick and easy to install even with one person" instructions aren't true either. At least not for me. But once it's in and tight you're good to go. Made me feel much better about hauling my dog.

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

I have the mesh; tried the tubular first and the dogs could get their heads partially through it. No view obstruction here, either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast