How does your dog wake you up in the morning? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How does your dog wake you up in the morning?

DefaultRe: How does your dog wake you up in the morning?

1.) 5:30am--wet nose in my face. "On your bed." Shuffle, shuffle. Plop. "Hrumph."
    2.) 6:20am--wet nose in my face. Whole head on the edge of the bed. "You have 10 minutes. On your bed." Shuffle, shuffle. Plop. "Hrumph."
    3.) 6:30am--sitting straight up next to the bed. Full wag and screaching yawn when DH or I moves. Frantic run down the stairs to the food bowl.
    4.) 6:40am--fed, pottied and snuggled up on me on our bed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kym

she doesn't ;D the alarm goes off the first time, lola stretches and crawls under the covers. the alarm goes off the second time and she doesn't get up until i do. on weekends, she pretty much sleeps until we get up, it's great!!

He doesn't usually wake me up. Once I walk to go to the shower, and I walk back into the bed room. He hears me and its a little whine like
    Hey, I am down here, stuck in this crate. Come get me out
    But if I decide to sleep in he is like
    Hey, did you forget about me. I need to pee
    . Then I let him out and he is like
    muahahahahaha sucker, sure I always have to pee. But not that bad, too late though.. I am out!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rukus will stay asleep until I start to stir, at which time he'll move from the foot of the bed to up by me. When he lays down next to me he falls with this tremendous "thud" and will usually land at least partly on me. Then he starts with the "thump thump thump" of the tail and starts to lick my face. It's about this time that Dozer hears Rukus moving around and decides to get in on the action. He'll jump up on the bed, step on both Rukus and I, and then flop down right between us (keep in mind that Rukus is glued up against me). Rukus usually decides he doesn't want Dozer to sit on him, so he'll jump off the bed and then proceed to stare at me until I get up. It's really quite a production. :

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

The dogs crates are in the bedroom. Baloo has learned that when you hear the "beeeeeep. beeeeeeeep." of the alarm, I'm going to get up soon after. So he joins in the chorus with whining, crying, etc.

There is no such thing as a "snooze button" in my house anymore. :-\
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Fanny will stay in bed until she is good and ready to get up, which on a weekday, is when I head upstairs to get her food ready.

If Eddie needs to go out during the night he gets up on the bed and stands stradling SU, as he is nearest the door, breathing in his face. His tongue is constantly out so if SU doesn't move he gets washed from chin to hairline to wake him up. This normally works. For those times SU ignores him, he just transfers to me and does the same thing. With one exception, if my mouth is open, french kiss city occurs and a mad rush to the bathroom ensues to get the dog tongue taste out of my mouths......... Or as soon as we feel him standing over us we get up and let him out. Otherwise he waits until I head up stairs to make their food..............

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

More often than not, I wake up before Sundance. But on weekends and the rare days he's up before my alarm goes off, it's always this scenario:

The click of his toenails on the hardwood floor as he walks around to my side of the bed, followed with the "BOOM" of him slamming his chest into the mattress, then "THUMP, THUMP, THUMP" of his tail against the wall.

Me: "Go back to bed, Sundance." Him: Toenails on floor, then collapses on his bed with a loud "HARUMPH" followed by a sigh and snort.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Samson is offline Senior Member

Very rarely when I have a lie in Samson "breathes" on me which is about the equivalent of a fart !

He inherits ( very proudly ) his dad's breath

I have them well trained though as if I say "five minutes" they will return to their slepping positions for half an hour at least !

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Puts chin on mattress and whines. If taht doesn't work, he jumps up in the bed and starts to lick my face!

Libby will belly crawl from the bottom of the bed to me while yawning & talking, then she belly crawls on top of me, pinning me & then Teko comes & tries to clean my ears while she's pinning me down. : Then Libby can't understand why I'm not "jumping" out of bed to get THEIR day started b/c she's still on top of me! This is ALWAYS 20 min. before my alarm goes off. :

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast