question about bitches

Thread: question about bitches

Defaultquestion about bitches

Hi - Do some bitches give off a sent all the time as though they are in season.

A friend of mine has a bitch who is not spayed - every time I bump into her both my dogs (one intact & one not) go mad to get to her dog, this has been going on for a couple of years - I have had a few conversation with my friend about her bitch and she says that she took the bitch to the vets and the vet said she is closed up so she is fine / although other dogs fuss her as well.

She said that bitches usually hold there tails down when been sniffed and her bitch holds hers up - so giving the wrong signals.
    I asked her if she baths the dog after her season and she said the dog has been in the sea a few times and she does not need bathing / is this the reason the dog still smells like she is in season or do you think there is a other reason.

She has three male intact dogs that only bother the bitch when she is in season.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: question about bitches

I would think she may have a low grade infection of some sort.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    I would think she may have a low grade infection of some sort.
    Ivy has allergies, and gets secondary yeast infections from time to time. I can tell when one is on the way, because Raleigh starts getting "fresh" with her. :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

It could also be a dominance thing with her as well. Some dogs are not well socialized and can be fearful and she could be exuding that she is very submissive, and your dogs could be jumping on the bandwagon to show her who the boss is.