dogsindanger.com

Thread: dogsindanger.com

Defaultdogsindanger.com

Forgive me if this has already been posted but a search do not show any threads.
    Just heard and read about this new national website dogsindanger.com where they are suppose to have a clock ticking down for various rescue eligible dogs showing how long they have live before being euthanized. I went to the site but could not locate any dogs listed in the Houston area.
    A local shelter spokesperson was being interviewed on the radio and commented that she thought this might encourage some people to adopt a dog before they were actually ready to do so.
    To me it might just give a reprieve to some dogs even if the adopting family had second thoughts.
    Has anyone accessed this site, and if so, what do you think?
    http://www.dogsindanger.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hunter is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: dogsindanger.com

It was posted in Odds and Ends this morning, but no big deal.

It hurts scrolling through the pages and seeing the number of days each dog has. But hopefully it will gather some attention and it will help to save the lives of a few more.

JeffG is offline Senior Member

Yeah....we had thought about adopting another sometime in the future...but then we saw one located near here that looks like a normal playful 2 year old lab that is set to die next Tuesday. Now.....its eating away at me. But I have to think about twice the food, flea medicine, heartgard, another crate...twice the hair...twice the problem when going out of town.

But then I think about saving a dogs life...getting Ty a big brother...finally a dog the size of him to play with.

But then I think, what if it doesn't work out? What if this dog has a gigantic fear of (fill in the blank) or doesn't get along with Ty after we get him home?

GOSHHHHHHHHHHHH Why do people do this to their dogs that in-turn puts dog lovers like us in agony...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Both the shelters in our area are no kill! I put several zip codes in the area and none came up! Good thing I really am feeling like getting a new pup- but hubs and I have decided to wait until Sammi is 3-4yrs. old :-\, Well at least hubs has decided!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Well, I didn't have the guts to get too far into it at work. :-[ But I have long thought that a more "realistic" campaign for shelter dogs might work. Hit people over the head with the reality of it. People just go along, la la la...what I don't see doesn't bother me, you know? I've thought that if our shelter/ac would launch a campaign about what happens...surely this will touch the hearts of some who have just chosen to ignore it till then. I think. ???

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

It seems that not all shelters are participants. I wonder how many are. No one came up in our area, but I know there are several relatively close.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever