Dog Park Updated with PIcs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Park Updated with PIcs

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Park Updated with PIcs

So Harlee and I were having a blast at the dog park when this guy comes in with his humping dog. The dog is humping everyone that was there, the guy just stands there and doesn't say anything. FInally another guy gets fed up and tell his to get his dog off his. So this stops for a bit and the guy comes up to me and says
    oh, is that supposed to be a chocolate lab?
    Me- Um yes she IS a chocolate lab
    HIm- Well she's soooooooooooo small are you sure she's a purebred?
    Me- Yes, she is a purebred
    Him- Well I have never seen a lab that small, thought she was a mix.

Ok well I don't have a problem with mix breeds but she certainly does not look like a mixed breed. I know she is small (her mother is small) but I do hope she gets bigger .
    She is 6 months and 37 lbs

This is a picture of her mom

What a jerk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Park

Maybe the response should have been, she is 6 months old. I think that is about what HK weighed at 6 months. At 9 months she is 64 lbs and on a diet because a couple vets think she is 'tubby'.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Well from the 4 lab pups that I have seen at the dog park she is by far the smallest. Does 37 lbs sound really small?

I love her either way but would prefer that she does resemble a lab

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

i looked at gingers records and at 7 months ginger was 57 pounds. at 1.5 years old she is 70 pounds. so harlee is a little on the small side but she might not have hit her growth spurt yet.

I think they all grow at different rates and there is a lot of variance in the breed in terms of size. At six months, Shelby was 50 lbs. At almost 2 1/2, she is 56 lbs. She is usually mistaken for a puppy. And I get asked "what is she?" alot. In fact, I had a workman here this week and he asked me if she was a Labrador ... then told me he had two at home!

Can you post a picture of Harlee? I think her mom is beautiful!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sammi was always on the small side, she is now almost two and weighs in @65lbs. -Vet actually thought she needed to lose a few lbs when she was 67lb.s so she is on diet, want her around 62- I like her smaller, makes for easy traveling in an RV. - The guy at the park was a PITA ;D

DefaultRe: Dog Park Updated with PIcs

She looks like she is about 4 months old

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

What color is she? I get asked about HK often enough, by non-dogpeople. They are surprised wen I say Lab. They (1) didn't know they came in chocolate, and (2) thought they would be much bigger. HK's mom is 65 lbs.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Okay, did you just add photos of Harlee ... or am I totally losing it? From the photos I don't think she looks small -- and certainly not 37 lbs.

She'll probably finish growing over the next 6 months, and then fill out for following year or so. If you are concerned you could ask your breeder.

Well she was just at the vet last weekend and she is currently 37 lbs. I find it hard to tell in the pics, I wish you guys could just see her LOL

The breeder knows his dogs are small (at least from this mother) I knew that when I got her but she really looks about the same as she did when she was 4 months old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast