How often does your dog vomit?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How often does your dog vomit?

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow often does your dog vomit?

Where else could I ask, right?

Crash never threw up in all his life. He was retching the last day, and that's how I knew something was dreadfully wrong. :'(

I have never known Simon to throw up either.

Angus throws up so often. I'd say at least once a month. The other night he woke us, and we could hear him getting sick. It was just a little frothy substance. It's that way about half the time. Other times, it's his whole dinner. Sometimes after eating grass. A couple of times it's happened after Kongs in the afternoon, so I've stopped giving them. :-[ He did it twice after he had some honey, so he's not getting that anymore either.

I just got to wondering if other people's dogs vomit regularly. Angus has always done it, so I've stopped panicking about it and just come to think of it as part of him. I wonder if I'm wrong, if there could actually be something more bothering him?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How often does your dog vomit?

Aww, poor Angus. Mine seem to throw up after eating certain raw bones, but not really that often. Sorry I'm not any help. I hope he's okay. It always scares me when they vomit.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Peanut has always done the "throw up frothy stuff" thing, like you I've stopped worrying. Although, she has only done it twice since we switched to Orijen.

I heard somewhere that they do this because they're hungry, which seems to make sense as she only does it when theres been an unusually long time between meals (an extra hour or two)

Baloo has thrown up once, after he ate dinner and then drank lots, but he just ate it again. (:-X) I think some water went "down the wrong tube" and that's what caused it. I started adding water to his food and he hasn't ever done it again.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Zena is my puker. Usually after she's spent a lot of time outside grazing she'll deposit a nice huge wad of grass along with yellow puke stain. Otherwise, no one else much vomits; unless they have RMB's that they are not used to...and we don't do that anymore for that one reason. They get marrow bones since they have no tummy issues with those.

I would say that Dexter retches more than the average bear (or lab). I've stopped worrying about it. He has a spastic colon, so he has issues at the other end too. I just figure he's got a sensitive digestive system altogether.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Zoe is nearly 5 yrs old, and she has thrown up about 4 times so far, not counting the time she threw up when she got a bee sting.

I don't know what makes her throw up...she seems fine before and after. Sometimes it's her whole breakfast! :-X
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Mocha does the frothy stuff every few month except it's been a little more latley. I asked the vet and she couldn't find anything and suggested a pepcid before bed (normally it's at night) One of them has thrown up during the day a few times the last few weeks too but it's just yellow stuff with hair in it and since they are both out I can't tell which one it is. Zeus threw up a peice of a bone he got a chunk off of earlier that day Friday night.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Good job I'm not at college answering this one. I dread to think what the person sitting next to me on another computer would think, talking about dog vomit.

But in answer to the question, it really depends on what they have been scavenging. If we go through a 'good' period we might get through 6 months without any vomiting. On the other hand, if they have been particularly bad at scavenging, I could be waking up to a 'suprise' pile of it in the morning every month or so.

*touch wood* We haven't had any vomitting trouble in quite some time. Their stomaches must be literally bomb proof by now so it's not surprising. :

Cinder pukes on a regular basis, but only when she's eaten something she shouldn't have, hence the on a regular basis. She used to eat too fast, puke up her whole meal looking pretty much like it did going down, and eat it again, but hasn't done that in a while. The only times the pugs have puked have been when they ate what Cinder puked up that she shouldn't have eaten in the first place. :-X

Deacon will puke if he east too much or too fast, or eats something that doesn't agree with him - maybe 1 or 2 times a year
    Bear never pukes in the winter, but more frequently in the summer when he eats to much grass - maybe once a month

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast