Rude People
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rude People

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultRude People

The other night I was at a restaurant it was a chain stake house. And there was a disabled person there with her husband and companion dog (Black Lab).

She must be a regular because the staff was very accommodating even brining the working dog a few scraps as her people ate. The dog just stayed under the table and made no fuss very professional and well trained.

It was the couple next to them that pi$$ed me off…

They saw the dog come in and made a face and gave each other a look…then they said a few words to their waitress who I think she just told them that being a companion dog he was legally allowed in a food establishment.

Obviously they didn’t like her answer because they just gulped down there drinks paid and just left without eating looking rather pissed off…

I’m so glad they did I thought that was very rude…I hope someone dinged there car in the parking lot..

I’m just glad that the people with the dog didn’t really see what happened.

When I see a companion dog I am rather proud of the dog knowing that I have this wonderful breed and seeing what they can do always amazes me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rude People

Oh wow. I can't believe people would feel that way. I just can't relate. When I see service dogs, I am just awed, and it takes every bit of self-control I can muster not to smother them with hugs and kisses.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

I agree totally with what Connie has said, and it brings a lump to my throat of sheer pride when i see service dogs doing their jobs- especially as you say if it is a lab.

People like that make you sick, it should be a case of there but for the grace of God go I, let's just hope neither they or their family ever need the services of one of these fabulous dogs.

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh wow. I can't believe people would feel that way. I just can't relate. When I see service dogs, I am just awed, and it takes every bit of self-control I can muster not to smother them with hugs and kisses.
    I'm the same way. I cannot understand if the dog was under the table and being quiet why they would get so upset. Their loss for never knowing the unconditional love a lab (or any dog) can give.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I just love seeing working dogs. WTG for the restaurant waitress to act like she did. In my town I know of a blind woman who do not feel very welcome when she visit the restaurants. The staff makes her feel unwelcome, even if she has the right to be there.

Oh ETA. I agree with the others of course. I can't believe how people can be so rude and heartless.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

I would have requested the table this asshat couple had just vacated. Nothing better than a meal with a good view!

Sounds like the place was better off without them anyway. Jerks.

labby is offline Senior Member

Service animals are better behaved than most kids I see in restaurants. Heck Shanny is better behaved than most kids I see in restaurants.

Laura

fburke is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    Service animals are better behaved than most kids I see in restaurants. Heck Shanny is better behaved than most kids I see in restaurants.
    I guess you must have seen me and my kids at a restrunt somwere ;D ;D ;D I have the little 3 year old devil ...he actually pegged a woman with a piece of bread one time...thankfully she was nice about it and i paid for her drinks.

What is wrong w/people? Don't worry, I'm sure they'll get their's sometime.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast