Dog Wash
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog Wash

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Wash

Separate thread refers to a Dog Wash, I think as in Car Wash.

Are there places that have 'Dog Washes'? I got the impression that it is not a groomer being discussed. But a place wehre you wash yor own dog. I can picture the facility, so that is not the question. The question is, Are there commercial Self Service commercial Dog Washes in some part of the US?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Wash

Never heard of it, either. On the very rare occasion my dogs need to be 'washed' we make do with the outdoor hose. Not exactly glamorous. :P

Not sure about the US, but here we have DogWashes that are in the same place as those do-it-yourself car washes! There are stalls for the cars, and a separate room for the dogs. Usually 2 tubs. You put money into the thing, just like you would for a car, and dial up shampoo/conditioner/skunk shampoo etc etc. You do have to bring your own towels.

The one near our house charges $7 and Henry HATES getting up into those tubs. Fortunately, our bathtub has a handheld shower attachment so I just do him in our tub.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes, we have a few dog washing places around here. Most of them have a bakery or sell high end dog food, alone with it. They have stations where you can wash your dog...raised up tub like things where you're not bending over...you leave all the mess behind and go home with a clean dog. Never used one, but it seems to have gone over pretty good here. It would probably be a decent business to get into if rent were not so high in places. I would imagine owning your own building would be a good thing. Not sure if this is what you were talking about or not....... LOL

blackjack is offline Senior Member

Out here in California there are lots of self service dog washes - usually with catchy names like "Scrub Your Mutt". Even the place where I take the gang to get their nails clipped which is a grooming salon also has a self service tub.

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

We have one independent dog wash here (Asheville, NC). It's in an old industrial warehouse with cement floors so you can be pretty messy and not worry about it. It also has a bakery and sells high-end collars, leashes, etc.

Also, I've heard some of the chain pet stores here have self dog washes. But, I'm not sure which ones.

fburke is offline Senior Member

there is one in Ma about 15 min from my house i have never been there but i guess you pay 10 bucks or so and thay have the dep sink and dryers shampoo ect ...

kind of a good idea if you ask me 10 bucks do it your self and no labby fur cloging your drains...

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

We have a few around here. Not like going to a bakery or anything that would also be there. The dog wash is at places like the dog park or the car wash. Just pull up. Load in the dog, put the change in and your ready to go. They are pretty cool. Same guy also has vending machines for pets in our area. You can buy toys, leashes, collars, chicken flavored water. The owner has labs..they are really sweet.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

We have at least one in Topeka, KS. It's adjacent to a car wash and detailing service. There are four raised tubs and towels are provided. One can buy dog shampoo there. We used it once -- I think it was $7.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

There's one that I know of in Overland Park or Lenexa maybe...can't remember. Don't know the price but thought it was an excellent idea given the large amount of fur that could clog the drain and the total hassle of bathing a dog in the bathroom and the mess it causes. Plus you can dry them there, etc. For dogs that need to be bathed more often than Labs I think it's pretty cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast