Ringworm?

Thread: Ringworm?

my2labs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRingworm?

We started walking around our neighborhood with abbey and cinney about 2 weeks ago (after about a year of being lazy and only playing in the yard) and while abbey was laying down, DH noticed a scab on abbey's belly and when i looked closely at it, the scab was in a perfect circle. The first thought that came to my mind was ringworm. I put some cortisone on it because my vet recommended the ointment when abbey was having some irritation around her female part from squatting too far into the grass and the blades irritated the skin. i was going to see how it looked in a day or two and then set up something with the vet. what do you think? sorry the pics are so large but i wanted you to see the detail.

Sam 9-27-07

Mojo 7-6-12

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ringworm?

being on dial up I still can't see the picture

but if the ring looks healed on the inside and crusty and raw and and ridged round on the outside you may well be looking at ringworm -

I'd err on the side of caution and have it looked at asap - quick treatment of something that is pretty dang contagious can really help keep it under control (says the woman who had a cat with ringworm in isolation for 5 months and a little yorkie that was bald when she came in the same isolation area for 10 weeks )

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Yes, looks like ringworm to me too!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

my2labs is offline Senior Member

i think she might have gotten it from our walking her. i am going to call our vet tomorrow morning and see when they can get her in. i feel bad for not noticing it earlier.

Sam 9-27-07

Mojo 7-6-12

brody is offline Senior Member

don't feel badly - apart from being VERY itchy the first few days it really doesn't hurt or bother the victim at all - and it can come up REALLY fast too

cats are often asymptomatic carriers of it

it can come from anywhere so don't give up your walks either
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller