Why could it be so hard to adopt Zoe ?!

Thread: Why could it be so hard to adopt Zoe ?!

Felix Guest

DefaultWhy could it be so hard to adopt Zoe ?!

I've found her on the website: "Dogs in Danger" :

About Zoe This is Zoe, she is 3 years old, UTD on shots and spayed. Zoe was turned in by her owner because she growled at the neighbor kids when they poked and teased her. She is a very scared girl here. She seems to prefer women and wouldn't do good in a home with kids because of her past treatment by children.

Zoe has 1 days left to live!
    Euthanasia date: 2007-10-16 Reason for euthanasia: Space

My opinion about euthanasia with this as a reason, just plane stupid and those people who this, are just plane stupid! :-X

http://www.dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1192150232539

Isnt over here anybody who could step up, and give her the life she need and gain ?! :

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Why could it be so hard to adopt Zoe ?!

There are so many dogs in North America, Felix. Soooo many. :-\ Too many, as there just aren't enough homes for all of them. Many great dogs like Zoe die all the time because there just isnt any room for them. :'(

That's why we get upset when people breed their dogs carelessly. It's sweet girls like Zoe who suffer for their ignorance and stupidity. > :'(
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

That website doesn't hold a candle to all the dogs actually out there that will be put down tomorrow...especially labs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix Guest

Zoe has 0 days left to live!
    Euthanasia date: 2007-10-16 Reason for euthanasia: Space

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dani is offline Senior Member

I don't think you really understand the problem with the overpopulation of the shelters out there. There are THOUSANDS of dogs out there that are being taken care of in shelters. Some shelters get hundreds of dogs DAILY. They HAVE to euthanize for space. There simply is NO WAY around it. Unless stupid people with substandard dogs stop breeding and the public starts adopting more dogs from the shelters....these sad faces will have to die. That is reality.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Sad but true. In Houston, Texas there are at least 40-50 purebred-looking sweet lovable young healthy labs on the euthanization list every week. That's just one city and just labs. I think the last report I saw said that it's estimated that Houston-area shelters euthanize about 100,000 dogs/cats a year. If you want to be mad at someone, don't get mad at the shelters or their staff who have to do a horrible job. Get mad at the morons who breed their substandard dogs, the morons who fail to provide enough/any training, and the morons who dump their dogs at the shelter because they [just don't have time for the dog, had a new baby, wife/husband doesn't like the dog, moving, new job, dog isn't housetrained, dog barked at my kid, dog is sick, can't afford it, it's not fair to the dog, allergies, kids (fill in any number of other stupid and irresponsible excuses)]. This is why I got into rescue - to try to make a difference for even one dog.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

I continue to support euthanizing backyard breeders and see this as the only solution to the problem. >

The number of shelter dogs is staggering and depressing. Heartless people suck.

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

I continue to support euthanizing backyard breeders and see this as the only solution to the problem.
    This is a serious subject, but this made me laugh. I like your thinking.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

One main cause of over population of course is the popularity of Labs. Supply trying to meet demand then new owners being totally cluless as to how to cope with a Lab puppy. They bring the cutie home then soon discover of whats left of their expensive pair of favorite shoes. BYB want nothing more than to sell their pups so I can't imagine them providing interviews with prospective owners to determine if they are capable of raising a Lab.
    As long as Lab's remain at the top of the AKC registration list I'm affraid the shelters will continue to be flooded. Sad but true.
    Maybe we could convince some Hollywood producer to make a Cujo type movie about a group of crazy blood sucking Labs who eat their families then distroy everything in sight. Stephen King could write that script also.

Unfortunately the problem is far too real everywhere in USA. Number one breed euthanized in my state is the Labrador and most are purebred not a mix. Even puppies die from lack of space. This is why we get so angry when people come to this forum and say they want to breed their beloved pet. Go to your local shelter and count the purebred dogs...it will amaze you.