I haven't posted anything here for a while. I have been visiting here quite often though. I love this board!
About two weeks ago I thought I would be real nice and get my boy Angus some of the new Pro Plan Selects Dog Food. Problem is when he ate this dog food, he itched and itched. Then he had to drink and drink and pee and pee. I fed it for 10 days thinking he might get used to it. He did not get used to it. I took him off it and put him back on his regular Pro Plan Chicken and Rice. What do you think brought this reaction on? Do you think he is allergic to one of the ingredients? It is supposed to be all natural. I had this problem with him as a puppy also. My vet recommended Iams Puppy Food. He had this same bad reaction with that. I had to change him to Pro Plan Puppy. Brenda
Obviously he cannot tolerate something in there. Look at the Iams and then at the Selects and see if you can pinpoint anything that is the same. Even "natural" can mean allergies. I'm allergic to trees and grass and they're "natural."