ACA?

Thread: ACA?

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultACA?

We met a very pretty chocolate girl today while we were at the beach. The man said she is registered with the ACA...I asked what that was and he replied "Not really sure, but she's registered with them".

I found their website, but I've never heard of them before. Have I been missing something for awhile? Anyone else have an ACA registered dog?
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: ACA?

The only legitimate registries are AKC and UKC in the US and CKC in Canada. The other registries out there are mostly puppymill registries.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

What an odd thing to point out in conversation! Does she mean the American Canine Association? It's just a club, looks like the have QandA available and stuff like that. Nothing to do with breed.

"America's largest veterinary health tracking purebred canine registry." — Note: In the "Find A Puppy" section of their website, dog/puppy seekers are referred to pet/retail stores. Very little information is available on the website regarding their goals or mission as a registry.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Puppy mill dog.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAndLabs
    The only legitimate registries are AKC and UKC in the US and CKC in Canada. The other registries out there are mostly puppymill registries.
    That's sort of what I figured Nicole.

It was just the way he said it, like it was something I should know (lol) I know that I'm not the most knowledgeable person in the world, but that didn't sound like a prestigious registry from their website.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)