Dog Day today! 5 PICS!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Day today! 5 PICS!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Day today! 5 PICS!

Well, our annual doggie blowout at Centennial Park was today. It is sponsored by the local Humane Association, and this year our club had a presence at the festival I was so happy to see us do this. I volunteered to work it this morning, and Kevin brought the boys down and walked them around while I worked.

I only got a few pictures this year, as my camera battery was on its last legs.

Here is our booth. We partnered with the Nashville Kennel Club and shared space with them.

Here is one of my club buds with Kevin and the boys. She is the pet therapy assistant. She also assisted in Angus' very first class at the club, so she is one of the ones who appreciates how far he has come. She was trying to tell me how good he was today Look at them, though, acting like little monkeys!

Here's a shot in front of our booth. I look like hell, but they look cute.

And a couple of the obligatory pose by the bales of hay shots. They were SO over it by this point, I think you could have set off a bomb and they would have yawned. We are going to have two very quiet doggies for the rest of the day.

Simon couldn't even manage a sit. Too tired!

We ran into a couple of our neighbors there too, which was fun. The girl up the street had her boxers there. Funny, they always react badly to the older female, and she doesn't seem to like them very much either, but in this strange venue they were fine. They were especially happy to see the younger male, who REALLY wanted to play with Simon very, very badly!

There was some pretty good shopping, too. I got them each a taz-lab collar. This is another attempt at something that will safely break away during bitey-face, but will allow me to keep ID on them. I was happy to get them at the festival. No shipping, and I got to try the collars on them which was VERY helpful. I actually ended up going with a 16" for Angus, and 18" for Simon! I would never have thought Simon had the bigger neck.

We had a really good time, but we are all a little beat now! Just wanted to share our pics.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Day today! 5 PICS!

Nice pictures- they sure are beautiful boys!

Anne is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't have thought that Simon had a bigger neck, either. Maybe all the hair??

Sounds like a fun day!

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Mitzi always pulls that lie down like Simon when you want a pic of them sitting side by side.

k8show is offline Senior Member

Great pics! Looks like a fun day.
    Katie and Boo

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

It looks like you had a gorgeous day Connie ! The boyz look great, no matter what they do . LOL !!
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

Melissa

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I've never seen a pair of dogs who actually look like brothers as much as your two, despite the obvious differences in appearance. Something about the way they are together....

Great pics, sounds like a fun day!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Hi Simon! Hi Angus!!

Oh boy oh boys, you two had a Big Fun Day today too!!

Momma says hello also to Angus' tongue buddy!!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Nice pictures Connie. Looks like a fun day.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

The "obligatory bale of hay shot" cracked me up! I have that deal at Christmas with our animals and the obligatory photo in front of the ever expanding artificial tree from hades. I used bales of hay to teach Ellie Mae to jump/bust through cover and cast back through cover for hunt test training. So now, whenever she sees a pile of hay bales, she is like "WHOO HOOO!" and wants to position herself to try and do a swan dive over them/springboard off of them. This does NOT go over well with my wife when trying to walk Ellie through the farmer's market!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast