Question about throwing up

Thread: Question about throwing up

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion about throwing up

Last night about midnight Teddy ripped and destuffed my couch. All my fault, I was on the computer and not paying attention, but he had never shown any interest in chewing on furniture before. I picked up all the stuffing that was thrown around the family room. I really didn't think he had eaten any--it looked like it was all there. But about 4:00 this morning he started puking up couch stuffing. The first time it was a small amount, the second time a HUGE amount and the third another HUGE amount. The last time he puked was an hour ago. It was a smaller amount. It is all definitely couch stuffing. (I'm thinking how much did he swallow!) After he pukes he is back to his normal goofy, lets play self.

I haven't fed him this morning. I'm wondering if I should just watch him--no food or go ahead and feed a small amount and see how he does. I'm concerned that there may be more down there--I really can't imagine that he ate much more, but then I was shocked to see how much he threw up.
    I will be watching him for signs of blockage for the rest of the weekend. He will not be allowed in any room that I am not in.
    What advice do you have?
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question about throwing up

Sounds like you are on top of it. Make sure he is pooping. If the vomiting doesn't stop, I'd take him to the vet.

Brookville, Pa.

It has been an hour and a half since his last throwing up episode. He is laying here at my feet playing bitey face with Jefferson. Still haven't fed him any breakfast.
    Do you think it is safe to feed him a little?
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

Hi Brenda. I'd let his stomach rest for 24 hours than do three light feedings. Rice with a little broth. Any stuffing left in him could take 36 hours or more to pass so I'd keep a real close eye on him. You might have to crate him or put him outside while Jefferson eats his meals. If you think he needs help moving the stuffing along you could feed him a Vaseline sandwich tomorrow. Slice of bread with a generous spoonful of Vaseline folded over. FYI tends to make things on the other end a bit messy but worth the mess when you compare it to having a blockage.
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

Oh geeze, I was afraid of that--he already thinks I'm starving him to death! Poor guy.
    Joe Biden, 2006