Question - do you think she is pure?

Thread: Question - do you think she is pure?

DefaultQuestion - do you think she is pure?

HI all I am new to this forum... I do not own a lab but I did pick up a yellow puppy earlier(she almost got hit by a car, I live on a military base) and it was dark and cold so we couldn't just leave her. I was just wanting opinions if she is purebred - she is very HYPER(is this typical of labs?lol) and very clumsy with HUGE paws and ears, it seems like she still needs to grow into them lol im thinking shes maybe 3-4 months old? she seems very healthy and didnt have any fleas.
    I have put up flyers to find her owners..im giving them until monday and then I will try to find this little girl a home. I would keep her but we have had our hearts set on another german shepherd for awhile(we already have one black shepherd female)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question - do you think she is pure?

looks mostly lab to me.. and cute cute cute! (labs and shepherds make wonderful companions, hint hint ;D

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

She looks pretty Lab to me. Was the collar on her? Maybe she is chipped?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hey thanks for the quick replies! yes she had the collar on but no tags or anything...if no one claims her by monday I will see if someone can check to see if she is chipped....it is a requirement for the dog to be microchipped if they are on base..but most people here sadly do not get their dog shots or anything she appears healthy but i dont know. where would they be able to check for a chip at? i hate dealing with the base vet they never answer the phone lol but maybe someone could check her quickly for me.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

the vet will likely have a scanner, or your local shelter

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Looks like a happy dudley to me! And yes, labs make great companions for shepherds

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

OHHHHH I love her!! :-* She looks like my Rush when she was small. Yeah she could be pure bred, just dudley. Where are you located????

hark67 is offline Senior Member

She is absolutely adorable!! I even had to start a thread to see some more adorable dudleys!

She is beautiful! She looks purebred to me.

The past two dogs I have found, I have taken around to the local vets to see if they recognize them and also to check for a microchip. One they recognized and we delivered him back home and the other the owners called the vets that we had been to and the office put them in touch with us.

brody is offline Senior Member

: not a hope I'll see your picture on this computer ... 10 minutes and I think I can see sky at the top of the frame?

however the vet should be able to give you a very good idea as to how old she actually is and how much lab they think she is

I think a yellow lab and a black gsd would be a great combo but I bet her home is anxiously looking for her

hyper is pretty normal for any young happy dog who finds themself saved!

cheers

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller