Finally passed

Thread: Finally passed

DefaultFinally passed

Well after the 2nd try at beginners obedience and 9 months old Sydney passed. Well it wasn't a full 2nd try as I got sick and my son got sick half way threw the last session so we missed the last 3 classes including the test to pass or not. So we retook the class. Only requirements to pass were 1min sit/stay, 3 min down/stay , walking on a loose lead and sitting when halted. We worked on alot more than this in class but it is all that is required to go on to the intermediate/CGC class.

Our instructor had us put our dogs in a sit/stay and said when the 1min was up do not break and praise leave your dog in the stay. She said she wanted to see which of the students worked with distraction and brought out toys that danced and play music, squeeky toys, fox tails all to try and break our dogs. Well we were 1 of 3 left out of our 12 dog class left in the sit and she comes at us with the fox tail. I am telling Sydney to stay kind of stern so she won't move as I know she wants this toy and she stays. The instructor walks away to try and break another dog and Sydney looks at me give he a humph and lays down. I had to laugh. She was telling me fine you won't let me play then I am going to lay down and pout. LOL. We did the same thing in the down/stay and she never did break. She got to pick out her toy for not breaking. YEAH!!

Now on to the next class starting in 2 weeks. I don't know if we will pass this class the first time as Sydney has started this seperation issue when I leave or walk away from her and she can't see me. She has started whinning. First I told her no whine and that didn't seem to work and I wondered if I was "rewarding" her whining by acknowledging her so for the last 2 1/2 weeks I have been ignoring her when she does it and that doesn't seem to be working either. Oh well I will figure something out and we may have to take the class again but that is ok, she is coming along nicely and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Jenny

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Finally passed

High Paw Sydney!!! Way to go. Good luck in your next class.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! Sidney! And you handlers. Their hard work contributed to your success.

Fox tail? A real one?

Occasionally when i take Hershey for a walk after dark, there is a pickup parked on the street that I just can't get her past. There is something on the back of that truck she wants desperately. The truck is pretty much never there in the day, and I really don't know who it belongs to. One day I see the owner of the house it parks in front of, and tell my sad story. Oh! That's Joe's truck. he is over all the time visiting Robyn (20 year old daughter). Calls Robyn out, 'I bet it is the raccoon tail he has tied to the bumper.'
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

No it isn't a real fox tail but a toy fox tail. She just wiggles it just under their noses though so it doesn't matter if it is real or not. LOL. It is so tempting for them to want that toy. LOL.

Poor HK, that racoon tail really was calling her. LOL.

Jenny

WTG Sidney!!