Bo and Wyatt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bo and Wyatt

DefaultBo and Wyatt

Hi all-

A few wks ago I wrote telling you all I had to move and could not take my labs with me. You all offered me some wonderful advice and warned me about the scam artists out there and those who would hurt my boys. I took your advice and was very cautious. I found the most wonderful place for them. There is a marina here about 30 miles north of town at Canyon Lake. This couple owns the marina and boat shop on 3 acres of land. They came and looked at the dogs. I did some background searches on them and we actually have family members who know them and told me they are great people. They wanted a few big dogs to run their 3 acres at night and through the day, they get to greet customers. I was able to move into a cleaner environment and am now able to lay down and breathe at night. Our house is up for sale and we already have a contract on it. My boys are in a bigger place and able to run like I would like for them to do, and they are together. I have called and checked on them and told that they are doing well and licking all the customers. They invited me to come out and see them soon, and I plan on it. I want them to get adjusted to their new home. I sat down and cried that morning and on and off throughout the day. The tears were of happiness for their new home and the acres that they can run on, and the tears are for the fact that I miss them terribly, but I knew for my health that this was the best for both of us. This is tearing me apart, but I need to get used to being without them. I think I will try and take up reading. I guess time passing will help and checking on them and knowing they are together is another big relief. Am I being silly? Thanks to all who have been so kind to me and offered me wonderful advice. Vicki

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bo and Wyatt

I think you found a great home for your friends based on what you said. You are feeling the grief of loss, even if not from death. Think about how lucky you are that you will still have the opportunity to see them on occassion. The timemay come whenyou decide it may be better not to do that, but for now the opportunity is there for you. And the people that are caring for the dogs now are very nice offerring you the opportunity. Both you and the dogs ae very fortunate.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

You are right. I am not going to make a habit of it, but would like to see them in their new environment. It will do my heart good for right now. I think distancing myself from them soon would be better for them anyway as I have to move on as well. what joy they have given me for so many years, and I was fortunate on this one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Not silly at all.

Thank you for the update, I remember your post. It sounds like you did whats best for them, and yourself, and thats important.

Good for you for doing your homework and finding them a great new home where they still have each other.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

That is great news Vicki. Thank you for the update. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have no other choice but to give up your boys. You have done the right thing and I hope you and the boys go on to have wonderful healthy lives.

Thank you for your support. It means alot. If there is a funny spot in this whole thing it would be my husband. We have been married a few years now and he knows how much I loved my boys. This happened around 11 am...and as I drink socially at times, I am not a beer drinker. We had a few left in the fridge from a party we had last year. I was crying on the couch after they left and Dale saw no other choice but to bring out the beer and I sat and had a few before noon. I have never done that, and it was kinda funny now. But it calmed me down a bit and I was able to push on. Thank you for your kind words. I am going to go and see them soon, but I will distance myself as the new owners have a routine for them now and I do not want to disrupt that.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

You did the best you could for your boys. The people are being so nice to allow you to come and see them, I'd check up on them a couple of times. Once you are happy with their adjustment you can move on. I can't begin to imagine how hard that had to be. Please let us know when you visit how things went. We care.

budbud is offline Senior Member

{HUGS} to you for finding them the perfect place I think in time you will be very happy with the choice you made for the Boys

georgie is offline Senior Member

I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you. It sounds like they found a great home. Take care.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

You can now relax safe in the knowledge that you have done your very best to ensure that your boys have a happy and safe life together, with kind and loving owners.

You had to put your health first but you made sure that the boys came joint first with that by doing the absolute best by them, i am so happy that is has worked out well for all concerned-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast