Tonights the night!

Thread: Tonights the night!

DefaultTonights the night!

Jackson is taking his first puppy class. I wish i could have been the one handling him but thats another thread. LOL. The wife seemed really excited... Wish them luck.

For those that gave advise oon what to do in the other thread. I checked into other classes and none had new classes coming up that were in my area or general area. I asked her about another dog and she was cool with that. But a 1200sqft house is no place for two kids and two labs. It wouldnt be fair.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tonights the night!

There's always room for one more. Just kick one of the kids out and walllah you have room. ;D Seriously there is room for another. You know they are like potato chips, ya can't have just one.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Okay! DW is the handler in this class. Are you going so you can learn from the audience? It is going to take time in between classes and you are probably going to have to participate / execute part of that. I suspect that you want to do that also.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

They had fun.... She said that jackson was a fast learner. Alot ofthe stuff they went over today i was already working with him on. We had a talk about her handling at the class and im ok with. I just trying to get her to understand that the class is not where all the work is done. She said to me that she want to do the class because Jackson already listens to me. Well i told her 8wks of classes is just the start. Thats she has to continue to work with jackson in order for him to continue to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    Okay! DW is the handler in this class. Are you going so you can learn from the audience? It is going to take time in between classes and you are probably going to have to participate / execute part of that. I suspect that you want to do that also.
    My work and us being poor will not allow me to be at classes on days im sked to work. Plans were that i was going to go to class and be an hour late for work and then go to work from class. She was going to come get jackson to allow that to happen. So when she got home it would be the girls bedtime. Well now she goes to class and handles jackson and i go to work and we have a babysitter watches the girls while they are in class.

So it kinda works itself out. If i did it we wouldnt have to pay for childcare, but with her doing it my not missing work is paying for the childcare.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I think Ed meant that you have to practice in between classes with Jackson at home, and that it's a good idea for both of you to be involved in that aspect.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!