Games to Play

Thread: Games to Play

CarolynK is offline Junior Member

DefaultGames to Play

Does anyone have any ideas for games we can play with our lab beside the obvious fetch etc... I need to keep her entertained so she doesn't chew my house into tiny pieces...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Games to Play

Hide-N-Seek. Also our Secret Santa last year sent us this really cool treat ball. You put treats in the middle and he plays with it to get them out. Mambo will play with this for hours. He tosses it, rolls it and everything he can do to get the treats out. Even better now that we have the laminate floors. It rolls all over the place.

What kind of a treat ball are you using? Sadly, Rukus has figured out how to get the treats out of his kong with minimal effort....he picks it up in his mouth, drops it on the floor, gets the treats that fell out, and then repeats the process until the kong is empty. *sigh*...he's too smart for us. :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Not sure what its called. But I have seen many like it at all the pet stores. let me see if I can find it.

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/dog-suppl...all_Large.html

this is it. SO worth it. He loves this thing.

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

"Find it" is also a good one. Pick a favorite toy, hide it somewhere, and tell your pup to find it. You have to start with pretty easy hiding places, but then get more advanced. I usually put my two in a sit-stay on a particular rug as part of the game while I'm hiding the toy, and they can't go look until I release them with the "OK" command. So the game not only keeps them amused, it helps reinforce one of their commands.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Anne is offline Senior Member

How about "Go find It!" or "Go find Mom/Dad!" ??

Mark (or I) will hide somewhere in the house...and then the other one will release the dogs with a "Go find Dad!!" They love this game!

I will also hide a treat, and then tell them to "Go find it!" Start slowly by putting a treat on the floor, and then work up to more difficult hiding places.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper