Sammi official scared the Beejeezus out of us! Sorry a little long!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sammi official scared the Beejeezus out of us! Sorry a little long!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultSammi official scared the Beejeezus out of us! Sorry a little long!

Sammi went missing for about 20 mins. today- somehow the door from the house to the gargage didnt shut all the way and she got out! Unfortunately DH had been in the gargage but had come in the house. We didn't realize she was gone until I grabbed my coat and purse to leave, Sammi is always right there when I go to leave- No Sammi, where's Sammi?? DH and I go in to flight mode, she had never been out by herself ever, she is not street wise, holy crap my heart was pounding! I could tell DH was scared also but was trying to be the brave one. We start calling her, no Sam, we start walking to the neighbors, no Sam- we get in the car and head to the park, no Sammi!! I'm really trying to not freak, but I was so worried, our neighbor hood is fairly quiet as far as cars, but we have two major streets not that far away! We get back to the house, decide to take two cars go in two differant directions- I pull out of the driveway and there she is :'(!! Man oh man was I so happy, she was soaking wet, have no idea where she had been, she looked scared! Hope she didn't get into any of the neighbors ponds maybe she went fishing :! Sorry for the long story but my heart has just slowed down, and yes we will be extra careful about making sure the door is shut!! Dont you wish you dogs could talk sometimes, now that she is safe and sound I would like to hear about her adventure!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sammi official scared the Beejeezus out of us! Sorry a little long!

Glad Sammi came home! She probably just needed a quick swim!

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

That's is SO scarey..... I know, .... been there, done that........ I'm so glad Sammi was ok.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Oh yeah I would like to know her adventure too!

Glad Sammi is ok. I know that would scare the crap outta me! Now you've got my curiousity up and I would love to hear where she went too!

When I house sat two summers ago for my friends then 7 m/o Golden a similar thing happened to me. Only I forgot to close the garage door. When I came back out to take Molly for a ride she bolted across the street into the neighbors yard. Fortunately, they live on a quiet cove a fair distance from any major street. I remembered they will follow you if you just walk away so I started walking back to the house and here comes Molly!

Oh I can so relate. Cinnamon slipped her collar Saturday night and dashed off when we were coming in from the dog park. I know she almost got hit once...I owe the guy a new set of tires if I could find him he burned so much rubber. I suspect she may have gotten tapped when we lost total sight of her and I saw 3 cars stopped in the street as she was a bit swollen on one side and licked her paw a lot the next day. I was just petrified she would be dead. So I can imagine how you felt when Sammi went missing. I am so glad she came home. You probably don't know whether to hug her for coming home safely or strangle her for running away.

Paula is offline Senior Member

So glad she is home and safe.

Oh boy, do I know the feeling! I'm so glad she's home.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I can just imagine. Actually it's happened to me too. I am so glad that the only damage was a wet dog. I guess Sammi isn't telling about her adventure.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azlab
    Oh I can so relate. Cinnamon slipped her collar Saturday night and dashed off when we were coming in from the dog park. I know she almost got hit once...I owe the guy a new set of tires if I could find him he burned so much rubber. I suspect she may have gotten tapped when we lost total sight of her and I saw 3 cars stopped in the street as she was a bit swollen on one side and licked her paw a lot the next day. I was just petrified she would be dead. So I can imagine how you felt when Sammi went missing. I am so glad she came home. You probably don't know whether to hug her for coming home safely or strangle her for running away.
    When this happened I remembered your story immediately! Your right I really had to calm myself down not to be really angry with her, she looked so scared I and I didn't want her to be afraid to come back, so DH and I just hugged her and gave her reasurrance, but I really wanted to throttle her!! I'm afraid to ask my neighbors if anything is askew with their pond! :-[-hopefully she didn't help herself to any expensive fish! But with the raccoons around here I think they would already be food for them!

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

What a relief that she's OK, just damp. I'd have been a disaster.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast