I'm so tired....

Thread: I'm so tired....

Thunders Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm so tired....

Thunder for the last couple of months has been getting me up every 2.5-3 hrs to go outside. He doesn't have to go, just gets me up because he can. If I tell him, no, go lay down, he starts pulling my covers off. There is nothing medically wrong with him. No infections.

My husband and I would LOVE to get a full 7-8 hrs non interrupted sleep. Short of putting him in his crate, any suggestions?

TYI

It's not the destination, it's the journey!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm so tired....

Well, unfortunately I think putting him in his crate everytime he does it will be the only way of breaking him of it. He gets your attention by doing what he does and it's become a game to him. I think once he realizes that you aren't going to put up with it he'll stop. It may take a while but trust me, they learn quick.

Just say no! and I agree...crate him! He has learned he has control over getting you to do what he wants. Only you can break him of it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Better nip this behavior in the bud right now or soon you will be sleeping on the floor while Thunder enjoys the bed. ;D

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad
    Better nip this behavior in the bud right now or soon you will be sleeping on the floor while Thunder enjoys the bed. ;D
    This guy walked into my office as I read this and I burst into a laugh. had to explain that I was not web surfing in the office.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

If it were my dogs I would crate them but they are crate trained and don't mind being in there (actually zeus sleeps in his with the door open) Can you just put him out of the bedroom maybe. Otherwise I would just do my very best to ignore him covers pulled off or not. Just make sure not to give in because if you ignore for a while then give in he'll just try longer next time.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Crate him. It's not cruel, he'll probably get a better sleep too.

Also, be sure you are exercising him enough during the day, that way he'll sleep through the night, and so will you.

So I guess if you really don't want to crate him, try exercising him more, and see if that helps.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!