taking in a temporary visitor - Update at end
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taking in a temporary visitor - Update at end

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Defaulttaking in a temporary visitor - Update at end

Well, my DH and I got home to Houston from Tripoli last Thursday evening (our homeward journey is another story, we flew Mark's boss's shitzu, Stella, back with us since she needed more sophisticated vet care than she could get in Libya - I'm not a huge fan of little dogs in general, but I grew quite fond of her - she was really well behaved in the plane and the hotel, she flew in the cabin with us and most definitely enjoyed going business class!). We're here getting our new visas issued and expect to return this weekend or possibly early next week depending on the timing at the embassy and flight availability. It's great to be home checking on our house here, seeing friends, shopping, going out, and just generally being back in familiar territory.

But oh-my-gosh how we miss our menagerie over there! They're in great hands and being really well cared for in our absence (we get daily reports). But the empty, pet-free house here seems, well, empty. So...

We're taking in a temporary foster from the lab rescue group for a few days! Yay! It's such a win-win: we get some labby love, the rescue group saves on the boarding costs for a few days, Boomer (young black male lab) gets a mini-vacation, and we can evaluate how he does in a home environment. I'm really excited that we're doing this, and I'm absolutely delighted that Mark embraced the idea. Woo-hoo! I'll update about our temporary houseguest later, but now I feel like it's really great to be home - though of course I'll still be desperately missing Toby, Chamois and the cats while we're away from them.

Wish us luck. We've never fostered a lab before, even temporarily, since Chamois doesn't count, she was a foster failure about 5 nanoseconds after we got her home.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: taking in a temporary visitor

That sounds like the perfect setup for you guys and the labby. Just don't be another foster failure. Have fun!

We can't fail this time, there's no way we could transport him back with us to Libya. Unfortunately...
    [[IMG][/IMG]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

How cool that sounds like a great solution to the rescue's needs and gives you a companion while your here.

budbud is offline Senior Member

How very cool is that I was just thinking about you guys this morning you have not posted in a bit glad to hear all is well

Very cool - good luck to you & the little guy!!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

That's great news. Hope the visit goes well, and safe travels!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

What a wonderful thing to do. How long are you back for ?

Quote Originally Posted by clanceycanuck
    How long are you back for ?
    We don't know for sure, it depends on how quickly the Libyan embassy in Washington DC processes our new visas (they've already been approved but actually getting them in your passport and then getting your passport back takes a few days at least). It also depends on flight availability. Right now, we're scheduled to return on the 17th. But as much as I'm enjoying being out of Tripoli and in Houston, I really miss the animals and I have tons of stuff to do at work back there, so we're hoping to leave a bit sooner, maybe this weekend.

I'm getting all excited about our visitor, though! Mark already went to PetSmart this afternoon to get food, treats, and a kong for him (and toys and supplies for us to bring back to our guys of course!), and I'm going to leave work in about an hour (yes, I have to go to the Houston office while I'm here, ugh!) to go pick him up.
    [[IMG][/IMG]

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I hope we get to see pics of this foster labby !! Also hope you get to go back SOON..... I'd hate leaving them over there too !!!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast