Tough chew toys help please!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough chew toys help please!!!

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

DefaultTough chew toys help please!!!

We've rescued a one-year-old male, who is so precious in every way but he's a power chewer and is slowly going through all of Bailey's toys. The only thing she ever chewed up was soft toys and even Wubba has withstood her. He had Wubba chewed up within minutes.

I'm off to work but I'll check back and if it's something I can get local, I'll swing by the store on the way home.

I'll have pix up later.

Thanks for any suggestions, Lynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Tough chew toys help please!!!

I have had awesome luck with the Tuffies. Get on their mailing list as they have a "closeout" a few times a year and can get various toys for $2.00!!
    http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

Try the Galileo bone made by Nylabone. Get the largest one they have!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We've had great luck with Orbee balls and the Tuffies toys. My two destroy soft toys, I bought some Tuffies about a month ago and they are still like new.

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

thanks for the quick responses

Bailey had a Galileo that I pulled out of the back room. I guess it was always too strong for her, but he liked that right away. It's not the biggest however so I'll look again.

I just placed an order with Tuffies and Orbee.

I've never seen a dog chew like he does. He goes with things in his mouth.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Buddy has destroyed Tuffies in less than an hour. So far the only things he hasn't destroyed are the Cuz, his Buddy Glow Ball, the Buster treat cube, and Nylabones. The soft and fuzzy Wubba is still basically intact with a couple of 'legs' still attached, but the other Wubbas didn't last more than a couple of hours before he had the legs chewed off. That kind of material just REALLY appeals to his inner Tasmanian devil!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

I will vote for the orbee balls too. They have a hollow center so we even put treats in ours, in addition to using it as a ball. Get the large size, for us it has held up for years where the medium did get torn up. Also there is a toy called the hurley and also a ball called huck from the same company. We have the hurley and it is pretty strong. I got orbees and hurley here http://www.sitstay.com/store/toys/toysa.shtml#TYWP01
    I also think it depends on what "type" of chewer you have. Here the tuffy toys got destroyed. Raven uses her back teeth to saw through things! I just know, once you find something that lasts, it is a great feeling

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

I thought Toby was a chewer. Then we got Chamois. She doesn't chew anything BUT her toys, but she does a number on them. She's destroyed Tuffies in minutes, and taken the appendages off her Cuz toys. Stuffies? I don't even bother any more.

But the kongs and the orbees have held up to the test of time (and her teeth). And I love some of the other products from Planet Dog, too.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Nylabone's Puzzle Bone gets my vote (and Caleb's, too). My friend brought one down from NY for him in June (the souper size one). He's gnawed almost all the nubs off the one end, and there's gauge marks in the rest of it, but that's all. My friend said it's lasted her Rottweiler, too. Both dogs love it so much that sometimes they just carry it around with them.

http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/p...d_id=23&Page=2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast