City Boy Duke got tired at Camp Canine

Thread: City Boy Duke got tired at Camp Canine

DefaultCity Boy Duke got tired at Camp Canine

Just returned last Saturday from our two week adventure in France. Will post some photos on the O&E forum later this week.
    Went to pick up the boys at Camp Canine yesterday to find Duke a bit worn out and frazzled. The camp councilor said that for week one Duke was a wild man running amok and doing great leaps into the pond. After a week, however, she said he just wore out and would follow her around then sit and watch the pack play. My old city boy could just stand one week of country camp life and all he wanted was his sofa.

As usual the camp sends out photos of the boys.
    Here's Duke, third from the left, swimming with the rest of the campers on day two.

The a few days later here are the boys running with the pack.

Then after a week here is Duke just sitting and watching the others. Guess he was a bit homesick.

Poor old man is a bit scruffy and looks like a dog whose been lost in the woods for a week. Needless to say he REALLY enjoyed sleeping on his bed last night. Freckles, on the other hand, is ready to go back to camp. The councilor said he was a real tennis ball hog and never slowed down the entire two weeks.

Keep an eye out in O&E for some photo's of our trip. We lived on a house boat while cruising down a canal in the Loire valley for a week then spent a second week in Paris. I have a short 7 second video of the Eiffel Tower sparkling at night. It does this every hour for about ten minutes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: City Boy Duke got tired at Camp Canine

What a great place to board your dog. Looks like a blast. Poor city dog Duke. I'm sure he was happy to see you.

Cruising down the Loire sounds glorious....But Camp Canine looks magnifique! I wanna go there !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Wow! What great place to board dogs! I'm afraid I get a letter from Maggie and Daisy saying they aren't coming home.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Great pictures. That looks like a nice place to board your dogs. I will be looking for your vacation photos.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Ahhhhh, that looks like a perfect place to board dogs. Lucky Duke!! Can't wait to see your trip pics.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

But Camp Canine looks magnifique!
    Camp Canine is absolutely wonderful and the boys have stayed there several times when we go on a vacation for a week. This was their first two week stay.
    At camp there are no kennels per se as all of the dogs, up to a maximum ten at a time, stay in a bunkhouse with low cots to sleep on. They have access to daily hikes and swims in both a pond and a swimming pool. Check out the photos on the website. My favorite pic is the one of the two Black Labs in the lounger by the pool.
    http://www.campcaninetexas.com/
    This place only charges $25 per day per dog and the bath at pickup is free. I have paid as much at a regular kennel then had to add a fee for 15 minutes of "play time" each day. At camp play time is 24/7.

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

That looks awesome. Sam wouldn't want to come home!