food

Thread: food

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Defaultfood

Between Purina pro plan large breed puppy and Purina one large breed puppy, which one is better? And why? Were on puppy chow now and I want to switch.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: food

Basically they are the same. Many people will switch back and forth between the two if they run out of ProPlan and can't get to the feed store.

Laura

georgie is offline Senior Member

There are so many opinions on dog food. I feed Purina ProPlan because it works for my girls. I tried Wellness but Molly got loose stools, it may have been too rich for her. My girls have shiny coats, no ear problems, no allergies & good poop, so I stick with it. Sometimes it becomes a trial & error process with your dog. You have to feed what works for your dog.

Here is a link to the Purina site & you can see the ingredients of the products you asked about. Good luck.

http://www.proplan.com/products/Larg..._DryPuppy.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

This is what I had to go to after Shanny was a puppy.

Of course Jake did tip it over and carry it around once but he's the only one who ever did that.

Laura

When I got my youngest pup he would have a drink and start to pee so I put the bowl of water outside and they all drink outside now, it is great as before the other two would have a drink and drip all over the floor so now the drips are outside.

Then if the pup plays with the water then the mess is outside.

patm is offline Senior Member

I always thought that ProPlan was supposed to be a little better, but the bags look similar, and the names are similar, and when I was feeding ProPlan, half the time I accidently bought Purina One :-\

Quote Originally Posted by labby

Of course Jake did tip it over and carry it around once but he's the only one who ever did that.
    Leave it to Jake to do something like that. I went to a raised ceramic bowl with Cinnamon because she played in it also. She has never done anything other than drop a ball in the dish since.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I think I am begiining to appreciate the Shanny stories now. Looks like Jake has learned well and knows how to expand on the lessons.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Labby, I noticed you have a bell hanging by your door .
    I don't think that bell is on a door. Frankie learned to ring a bell to go outside. We didn't teach him until he was about 1-1/2 though.

I have my boys on Purina One Natural Blends (white bag) and have seen amazing results in weeks.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Ok went to Petsmart yesterday and picked up the pro plan large breed puppy. I also got some canned of the same thing. I've been wetting the food the last week and draining it of course. So I'm going to slowly start to switch to the new and add a 1/2 can of wet to the morning feed. Poor guy he keeps going to the cans and sniffing like when am I going to get this mom???

Courtney, Bogey and Calli